Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Formerly NattyBoh74...
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the fork that i have now is a suntour duro. its what came stock when i originally got my bike.and then i came across a mantiou splice 100-130 travel for 60 some. and i know these have a tendency to leave. but i weighed the options and it seems like that 60 leaking fork ( if this one leaks or would leak at all ) would most likely be better then the duro.. possibly? thanks

also, the seller says this one doesnt leak.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
A better idea

Give me your $60 and then go out and buy another fork. This will save you a lot of time and aggrivation and you will end up with the same end result.

Bob

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Not enough...LOL

The fork only brought $150.00. It was a no reserve auction with a penny opening bid. I guess we all think our goods are worth more than the market will bear, but that $150 was less than the seals, springs and labor I had done. Oh well.

In any event, seriously, don't spend the money on the Splice. I think you were looking at some other forks like the Black, R7 and a few others. More money, yes, but much better spent. Jenson blew out a bunch of the '05 Splices new in box for $60.00. That should tell you something.

Keep plugging away, you'll find the right fork. I'd hate to see you waste your money on a dog.

Bob

·
Formerly NattyBoh74...
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm yeah im poor as **** beign in college and all. so you think a black is better?? i just need to get a stiffer spring in it thast all. my budies black comp is VERY soft, so i would need to get the firm spring or medium ( what comes stock usually?) thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.