Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after talking to everyone on here and 2 of my local bike shops every one fells if im not going to spend close to a grand on a 29er ss then to just keep my 26er redline mono cog till i can get a better model they are saying that the few companys that are making a 29er ss around the $600 dollar price is pretty much the same as what i have now just with out the disc brakes or crappy front fork one guy told me he doesnt recommend that front fork on the 29 trek ss because of my height and weight 6,3 240 he has seen people break those crappy forks on test drives before so he mentioned if i wanted to by it for 550 and swap out the fork for about 200 bucks then it will not be to bad well in that case i might as well buy a 800 or 1000 new

·
3,707 Posts
I've seen quite a few 29 SS on showroom floors that I'd say are better quality than Monocogs at below $1k. Haro Mary - $550, Raleigh xxix (pre-belt drive) $600, KHS Solo $580. But I am partial to Monocogs, so get another one in a 29.

PS usesomefreakinpunctuation

·
SSlow rider
319 Posts
I went fro ma Monocog 26er to a Redline 1x9 29er. That got me to build up a Monocog Flight 29er. I don't have the 26er any longer, but the Flight rocks & sees the lions share of my time on trails.

As for cheap 29ers, buy a regular Monocog for $500ish, or shop for used bikes. You can save a lot by buying someone's cast of rig.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.