Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-
Ok-I have a large sinister Ridge-I'm wondering about the 650b conversion (I understand the wheels fit the frame)--How do You do it? Just buy the wheels?

I have a rs Pike 454-I don't want to buy a new fork? Will it work? How do i get it to Fit a new sized wheel?

Who makes the tires? Where can I buy them?

Who makes the rims and Where can I buy those??

What is involved (soup to nuts) in converting bike A (a sinister ridge with pike) to bike 650B???

·
Registered
449 Posts
your choice for rims are stan's ztr 355, sun cr-18, and velocity blunt.

for tires, a 2.3 sized pacenti neo-moto and smaller 2.0 (correct?) quasi-moto are your current choices, with kenda bringing a 2.1 and 2.3 650B nevegal at some point in the near future.

you pick the hubs and spokes.

as far as whether they will work with your setup, there is a pretty comprehensive list of forks stickied at the top of the forum that fit the neo-moto tire, and use the search function to find out if anyone has had any luck with that frame...

assemble and enjoy! :thumbsup:

·
nothing relevant to say
1,372 Posts
Did Bruce at Sinister inform you of the fit? I've been trying to hunt one down to confirm, wit the measurements from Sinister/FtW it SEEMS the Neo would fit.

Onespeedpaul:
I spoke with Kenda today, their guy said the Nevegals have been delayed, as the factory is backed up. No specific ETA.

SuperB:
bikelugs.com is Pacenti direct. The Neo and other 650B parts are available there.
Otherwise Rawland Cycles has Neos for $39.99 ea with free shipping.
bikeman.com or notubes.com can build you wheels.

The 650B swap is pretty much a Plug'n'Play conversion.

Quasi-Motos aren't shipping yet, VERY SOON though. Check my Blog for info on the newest 650B tire from Pacenti Cycle Design.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The Ridge defintely fits 650b's. I have one here at my shop, and have stuck a Neo in it just to be sure. I also checked a Pike, fits OK, but is not "tested" for that wheel size....

Liam,
If you want to borrow one of my sets of wheels (or even a whole 650b bike) for a little bit to get a feel for it, let me know. I don't have any 20mm front wheels laced up to 355's unfortunately though

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Suspect,

I just might take you up on that-you know, you're one of the reasons I'm interested in the 650b-Matt Green rode with you a while back and told me you were pretty pumped on the 650b, I figured 'well, if that guy thinks they're that cat's meow there must be something to it!'

Where is the home office for you anyway??

Liam

·
Registered
647 Posts
We're down in Easthampton. I've been trying to make it up for the Bikes Unlimited rides with Megadoo and JD, but I almost always invariable have some sort of fire to extinguish.

I actually just finished building a 3rd set of 650b wheels for another one of my XC riders. It's spreading like wildfire among those guys... I know I really like the damn things!

-Mickey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.