Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my super t seems to be excreting oil (weeping or leaking?). where the bottom of the left stanchion meets the lowers it glistens and looks wet compared to the right side. it is noticably wet and oily to the touch while the right one is dry. it was laying in a cardboard box overnight (standing upright) and it left an oil mark about the size of a small handprint on the box where the stnachion in question was touching. is this normal or is it messed up? if so, what needs fixing. thanks for help.

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
Not normal time for seals or even worse :D
pull it apart replace the seals and change the oil should take care of it

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
bbowman88 said:
thanks for help but what does "even worse" suggest?
just kidding didn't mean to scare you :D

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
go to Marz website you can download the service manual

·
Registered
429 Posts
Service...

Not to worry. If you live in the Southern California area, you can just wheel your bike into Marz and have them service your fork. If not, ship to them and they'll take care of you. Marz's service is second to none, and they will take care of you--no worries...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
took it to my lbs today. owner is cool and is gonna check it out for me. it was time for new a general checkup on it anyway. hesitant to send it to marz cause it will be expensive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.