Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything I should be aware of before I open one up? Tools you'd recommend or don't need? I've done most others, but there's a distinct lack of info around on these. I can get Andreani stuff, just don't know what's really needed if I already have drawers of tools.

Also, if there's any service document, feel free to send my way.

·
Registered
12,502 Posts
You need a decent number of special tools. IFP needle for the bladder, vacuum bleeder for refilling, special bullet to get the air-can over the damper cap threads, clamp blocks. The bladder and air-can back-up rings and wiper are Ohlins specials. Oil is thinner than pretty much every other shock.

There are no public service docs.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need a decent number of special tools. IFP needle for the bladder, vacuum bleeder for refilling, special bullet to get the air-can over the damper cap threads, clamp blocks. The bladder and air-can back-up rings and wiper are Ohlins specials. Oil is thinner than pretty much every other shock.

There are no public service docs.
All that lines up with what I've seen. Do you typically use the Ohlins spec fluid due to the thinner viscosity? I can get everything, but also have many types on hand.

That's what I ran into. There's nothing to be found. I'm not a consumer so it seems ridiculous there are barriers to good info. Kind of a moot point now, as today I found the body is worn. Certainly can't buy that.

·
Registered
12,502 Posts
All that lines up with what I've seen. Do you typically use the Ohlins spec fluid due to the thinner viscosity? I can get everything, but also have many types on hand.

That's what I ran into. There's nothing to be found. I'm not a consumer so it seems ridiculous there are barriers to good info. Kind of a moot point now, as today I found the body is worn. Certainly can't buy that.
I use my own oils and they work fine with Motorex 2.5wt even though stock is like 11cSt instead of 15. Ohlins in most places have opened up MTB parts through their Moto distributors.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use my own oils and they work fine with Motorex 2.5wt even though stock is like 11cSt instead of 15. Ohlins in most places have opened up MTB parts through their Moto distributors.
The Motorex worked well in the TTX22 I did last. Dead easy to service those I really like the sealhead design on them. The STX22 sleeve is a bit like a CC Inline, but worse for tooling.

Seems to be the case with distribution through moto over here too. Hard parts are another matter I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.