Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I know it's early days since the release of the Ohlins TTX Boxxer cartridge, but I'm considering upgrading my Charger damper in my '15 Boxxer, either the Fast 3 way upgrade or the Ohlins drop in.

Any opinions on either? Anyone done the FAST upgrade? Anyone ridden the Ohlins DH fork?

The Ohlins is available as damper only or damper and air spring package.

Thanks,

Earlysport

·
Registered
383 Posts
I am the proud owner of an Ohlins RXF 36 m.2, which is the latest iteration of their trail fork and borrows HEAVILY from the design of the latest DH fork. I think the damper is fantastic, and while I'm still dialing in the air spring, the 3 chamber design has a lot of merits and allows you to tune in a much smoother spring progression given that it also props up the midstroke a bit, unlike using tokens.

Aside from performance, the big advantage in my mind is that Ohlins USA really seems to have its **** together. They've been really helpful when I've called with questions, shipped me my fork epically fast, and will sell users individual parts directly. I'm not sure what the situation is with FAST, but being out of Europe, I'm not sure I'd want to deal with acquiring service parts.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
think about this - why would a company build another damper for a different fork ?? What numbers would they be able to sell ?? well you would have to make a superior product - hence the ohlins damper

1 - 4 of 4 Posts