Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I hope Ohlins makes a coil conversion kit for the 38. Their air cartridge thing is a good idea on paper but lacks the air volume compared to Fox and RS since it's a self contained cartridge rather than using the entire upper leg as an air spring. The Ohlins air spring is a bit tricky to set up and you can be literally riding that fork for months tweaking things until you find what works for you. I have the RXF36 M.2 coil and it's so much better than any air fork I've ever used and that includes the Fox 38 and Zeb. I tried the Ohlins air cartridge for a few weeks but I just wasn't getting it to feel 'right'. And the air version just has so much friction. The coil has none.

I say leave the air stuff to Fox and RS and Ohlins should corner the severely lacking coil fork market.

Personally, I'd wait for the coil version.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I hope Ohlins makes a coil conversion kit for the 38. Their air cartridge thing is a good idea on paper but lacks the air volume compared to Fox and RS since it's a self contained cartridge rather than using the entire upper leg as an air spring. The Ohlins air spring is a bit tricky to set up and you can be literally riding that fork for months tweaking things until you find what works for you. I have the RXF36 M.2 coil and it's so much better than any air fork I've ever used and that includes the Fox 38 and Zeb. I tried the Ohlins air cartridge for a few weeks but I just wasn't getting it to feel 'right'. And the air version just has so much friction. The coil has none.

I say leave the air stuff to Fox and RS and Ohlins should corner the severely lacking coil fork market.

Personally, I'd wait for the coil version.
See the Ohlins coil only works well if you can find a spring that fits you well. I tried 4 different springs in mine over 6 months and could never find one that really worked well. I recently went to a zeb and automatically felt much better than the Ohlins.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Trust forks are where it is at. Get one while you still can and laugh at all the sheep.
No thanks, don't want a fork that feels harsher on drops to flat, has worse small bump sensitivity, looks goofy, no tuner support all wrapped in lack of parts support from a company that is now bust all for tge sake of a bit better performance when rolling over square edges. Most trails are not mostly square edged 8 inch high kerbs, they are mostly small bumps, rocks, roots, jumps and drops.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Is the new ohlin fork as good as Zeb ultimate?
Does anyone have first hand experience?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
They are both excelent forks that can be tuned to (almost) any need general rider needs these days. Personally i would go Zeb way because larger service center and parts availability. Also pricing in EU is better for Zeb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.