Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh LOL

I started back in 1984...today was just the first day as a 53 year old...it was the solo Birthday ride

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ATBScott said:
Happy B'Day Buzz Cut! Where was that trail...?
I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you:p

it's on private lands [yes I do have permission to ride there]

·
Registered
148 Posts
Had me fooled...I'm 46 and just went out for mountain biking for the 5th time in my life...twice in Coe on my wife's antique and undersized bike (big mistake), followed by 3 outings on my new Hardrock (Skeggs, Russian Ridge and Monte Bello). Yippee! I've hiked on almost every trail in the Sylikne area and many in Coe (including Bear Mtn and Mt Robison). I'm looking forward to going further and faster into the NorCal wilderness! (...and maybe inadvertently terrorizing a hiker now and then <g>)

·
Registered
358 Posts
A couple years ago, I was at Skyline in Napa. Some guys were waiting for a friend at a trailhead, and I stopped to talk with them. The guy they were waiting for was 71. He came riding up a minute later. Yep, 71. They had just completed a loop at skyline that included some pretty nasty stuff. So, at 47 I figure I could have a solid 23+ years left on the MTB, at least.

·
Sign Killa
73 Posts
A few years ago (5+), I used to cross tracks with a guy at Annadel who'd be pounding up Richardson on a SS at a pretty good pace. Said he was 67 at the time. I hope he's still riding! :thumbsup:

·
Like a boss.
662 Posts
the Bobfather!

fatdave said:
A couple years ago, I was at Skyline in Napa. Some guys were waiting for a friend at a trailhead, and I stopped to talk with them. The guy they were waiting for was 71. He came riding up a minute later. Yep, 71. They had just completed a loop at skyline that included some pretty nasty stuff. So, at 47 I figure I could have a solid 23+ years left on the MTB, at least.
Was it a Saturday morning, and was everyone wearing Team Hamana jerseys? I'd bet money that was our friend Bob, aka the Bobfather. He can barely walk (he's had both of his knees replaced) but he's a hell of a rider. He's also one of my favorite people to sit in the car with and trade stories. He still races - he did the 8-mile course at Lemuerian last year. Dude is bad-ass!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.