Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
friend of preston
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on saturday i was out riding my new MC and enjoying the rare event of freezing weather and snow covered trails in the willamette valley. the mud was frozen pretty good with spots of ice and frozen ridges of soil from passers by during warmer weather. the trees were dropping their snow loading, and there were little mounds on the trail here and there of crunchy snow, most of them would give way upon contact and crush under the tire others would be a bit denser. well.... one of them was quite dense... i rolled up the side of the little mound, not centered, but on the side and my wheel slipped off and i flew off into the snow and shrubbery, low speed, but when ice is involved its usually quite sudden. returning to see what caused the crash i discovered that the mound was not snow at all.... it was horse crap, frozen solid.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I ride on mixed use trails featuring horse poop that gets mixed in nice with the mud which splatters off my front wheel and into my face and mouth. I wonder what kind of diseases I can get from that?

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Trailcarver said:
I ride on mixed use trails featuring horse poop that gets mixed in nice with the mud which splatters off my front wheel and into my face and mouth. I wonder what kind of diseases I can get from that?
I guess it depends on if you are a horse or not.

Did you wash your hands the last time you opened a public bathroom door?

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Ah geez, not this **** again.

Oh, sorry, pun not intended. :p :D

Is it Friday already? (can't remember ..... Friday or Saturday ..... something like that)

·
Enthusiast
5,360 Posts
crashomatic said:
low speed, but when ice is involved its usually quite sudden.
The other day I was out for a ride on a set of Nokian Hakka 300s (studded ice-tires) that I had just bought. They grip really well on ice, so I didn't think anything of it when I rode out over a frozen mud-puddle on the local ATV trail. I will say this, the tire did not slip. But, doggone it, the tire broke through the ice. The puddle was only about 4-inches deep, but that was all it took. The tire broke through, the bike stopped and I didn't. The bike actually rotated forward over the front wheel, and I was body-slammed into the ice. Believe me, it was most painful. All I could do was lay there for a bit and moan. My chest and abdomen broke through the 3/4-inch thick layer of ice, and I was lucky that my face didn't hit as well.

I continued the ride, but with much more respect towards frozen puddles :thumbsup: .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.