Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could somebody please tell me wtf is wrong here? I just picked up my new wheelset and the front tire is rubbing big time against the right side of the fork, please look at the pics.
First pic was taken from front, last two from back.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
lalocotequinta said:
Could somebody please tell me wtf is wrong here? I just picked up my new wheelset and the front tire is rubbing big time against the right side of the fork, please look at the pics.
First pic was taken from front, last two from back.
Looks like someone put the spokes on the wrong sides! Offset the wrong way.

What wheels are they?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm so focking pissed off. First I asked them to built them all black and when they called me two weeks ago to go and get them they used silver spokes, so now two weeks later strike two. Maybe the third time they'll do it right.
I was hoping to take Friday off and go to Highland for the whole weekend but it seems I'll be missing one day puta madre.

·
Registered
124 Posts
LOL....sorry man. Its always funny when its not your bike. If that was my new wheels I'd be pissed too.

Take em back. Get money for the labor and go elsewhere, dishing and truing wheels is not as easy as loosening and tightening nipples you really need to have knowledge of how it effects the wheel on each opposing spoke. It takes practice.

You must have been the Guinea pig for that guy's first wheel build. I'm really sorry man. It's ok, it can be fixed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.