Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got the entire day off today, decided to go the Adordack Park in NY. Such amazing trail potential, it has so much state land and old roads, it just needs a few 100 bikers to get organized. I took this abandoned railroad/hunting trail way back, about 5 miles, i had to get off and carry the bike over my head b/c the beavers had a few holes, but once across, i found the best brook trout fishing spot ever. Amazing, every cast, i would catch 1 or get a dozen bites. Dinner tonite was very good! :D I did learn a lesson! I was riding a 40lb freeride rig, it got the job done, but man is it heavy when u have to get lite and techy up hill. on the DH stuff, i ripped, but carring it across a flow, or uphill for along time, i payed the price. I am going to find a used heckler or something like that, but i just wanna say, i learned today, u dont need chairlifts, and jumps, and super duper maintained trails to enjoy the woods. Im afraid we may forget what its all about when we build these masive parks, which are fun ass heck, but i enjoyed being alone, way out away from all other humans, and a mtn bike got me there! im bringing a fishing pole alot more often too, i was catchinh fish in practically puddles! if you ever hit the adorondack park, bring a pole and just try, you would be amazed what lives in tiny little beaver flows and such. Ride on

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
bighitboy said:
i just wanna say, i learned today, u dont need chairlifts, and jumps, and super duper maintained trails to enjoy the woods. Im afraid we may forget what its all about when we build these masive parks, which are fun ass heck, but i enjoyed being alone, way out away from all other humans, and a mtn bike got me there!
lol...i never forget that, and i hope im not speaking for myself...and i need a trail bike too...ima buy an enduro soon. :) :cool:

·
Registered
335 Posts
bighitboy said:
got the entire day off today, decided to go the Adordack Park in NY. Such amazing trail potential, it has so much state land and old roads, it just needs a few 100 bikers to get organized. I took this abandoned railroad/hunting trail way back, about 5 miles, i had to get off and carry the bike over my head b/c the beavers had a few holes, but once across, i found the best brook trout fishing spot ever. Amazing, every cast, i would catch 1 or get a dozen bites. Dinner tonite was very good! :D I did learn a lesson! I was riding a 40lb freeride rig, it got the job done, but man is it heavy when u have to get lite and techy up hill. on the DH stuff, i ripped, but carring it across a flow, or uphill for along time, i payed the price. I am going to find a used heckler or something like that, but i just wanna say, i learned today, u dont need chairlifts, and jumps, and super duper maintained trails to enjoy the woods. Im afraid we may forget what its all about when we build these masive parks, which are fun ass heck, but i enjoyed being alone, way out away from all other humans, and a mtn bike got me there! im bringing a fishing pole alot more often too, i was catchinh fish in practically puddles! if you ever hit the adorondack park, bring a pole and just try, you would be amazed what lives in tiny little beaver flows and such. Ride on
Mountain biking come full circle...need i say more...

·
Registered
460 Posts
bighitboy said:
The word is Adirondack.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Turner 5 Spot - read the reviews on the Turner Board and elsewhere - one of the best "all mountain" bikes on the market....

I hear very good things about the Blur as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.