Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the footage together that I recorded while riding at Raystown during DirtFest. Hope you enjoy.

<p><a href="http://vimeo.com/13319562">Just some Rides</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/diggingtrail">diggingtrail</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys/gals glad you liked it.

About the climbing, see I really suck at climbing. If I were to include more than the 10 seconds of uphill that is in the video you would be bored out of your minds b/c there wouldn't be anybody in frame. So I do edit almost all of that out. :lol:

·
wounded knee
1,369 Posts
Great video nice job!:thumbsup:
Man those trails look sweet and fast.
What video editing software do you use?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dirtrider6 said:
Great video nice job!:thumbsup:
Man those trails look sweet and fast.
What video editing software do you use?
Thanks.

Yes they are. Speed is your only foe at Raystown, go to fast and you'll end up in the trees.

Final Cut mostly. Sometimes iMovie. This was done in FC, I just think it is easier. I know it doesn't make sense, but I like the features that are missing from iMovie, especially the track layout.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great vid, crystal clear. It captures the mogul effect better than any of the other vids I've seen on youtube, etc. What kind of camera did you use and where, when facing front, was it mounted? Nice tunes, too.....I don't know them, but they sounded nice.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hogarth said:
Great vid, crystal clear. It captures the mogul effect better than any of the other vids I've seen on youtube, etc. What kind of camera did you use and where, when facing front, was it mounted? Nice tunes, too.....I don't know them, but they sounded nice.
Thanks. Shot the whole thing w/ a GoPro HD in 960p mode. The forward facing shots were done w/ the camera mounted to the GoPro chesty mount. I use a few of the extension pieces to get the camera angled right.

Tunes: Jem - Just a Ride, Morcheeba - Blood Like Lemonade

·
wounded knee
1,369 Posts
diggingtrail said:
Final Cut mostly. Sometimes iMovie. This was done in FC, I just think it is easier. I know it doesn't make sense, but I like the features that are missing from iMovie, especially the track layout.
Thanks, I checked them out, but they are Mac based, oh well.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I just wanted to say that I've been kicking around the idea of taking the 3 hour drive to Raystown for a few months now, but your video sealed the deal and I'm going this weekend. I am so stoked now lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
Very nice video! I think I'll also have to get a group of guys together and make the 4 hour trek up to Raystown for a weekend trip!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
XJaredX said:
I just wanted to say that I've been kicking around the idea of taking the 3 hour drive to Raystown for a few months now, but your video sealed the deal and I'm going this weekend. I am so stoked now lol
nHurD said:
Very nice video! I think I'll also have to get a group of guys together and make the 4 hour trek up to Raystown for a weekend trip!
Glad you guys liked the vid. Happy that I could fuel the stoke a bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts