Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today was day 3 of a 30 day challenge I gave my self April or Bust! but I had so much fun I wanted to share more. Headed out to Meyers Ranch and had the hill to myself. The feel of fresh tracks on a ski bike is awesome!! Once again Scar your light is fantastic, it was all I could ask for for the first night-ski-bike! I will have to do this more. Enough of the blah blah...

·
Light freak
3,022 Posts
That rocks :thumbsup: I love the "Rat Rod" ski bike, that thing is awesome!!!! Was the snow depth/consistency about right for the snow bike? I am thinking the picture with the bike sitting at the bottom of the hill with all the tracks in the background pretty much answers my question. :thumbsup:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Funrover again.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That rocks :thumbsup: I love the "Rat Rod" ski bike, that thing is awesome!!!! Was the snow depth/consistency about right for the snow bike? I am thinking the picture with the bike sitting at the bottom of the hill with all the tracks in the background pretty much answers my question. :thumbsup:
Here is another way to play in the snow. Another one of my light customers has a company called Bike Boards These are snow boards that clamp/strap onto the bike rim and wheel so you don't have to have a dedicated snow bike. You can also still ride up hill if you only use one on the front.
It was pretty good, I bet a lot melts off today. If I wanted more speed there were a couple sled tracks to gain speed then go back into the powder! Those bike boards are a great idea, When I get a fat bike I will look more at those!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Those bike boards are a great idea, When I get a fat bike I will look more at those!
That's my thinking too. I just got a couple of new bikes late fall, not counting the kids' even, so the fat bike had to be put on hold but I'm planning on getting one when I get my bonus this summer. Out of season to be sure but what the hell. I don't have room for a dedicated snow bike but those bike boards look like a great solution.

Thanks for sharing, Scar!

[Edit] Well that escalated quickly.

Pedal Pushers has a black medium left. $1250!

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's my thinking too. I just got a couple of new bikes late fall, not counting the kids' even, so the fat bike had to be put on hold but I'm planning on getting one when I get my bonus this summer. Out of season to be sure but what the hell. I don't have room for a dedicated snow bike but those bike boards look like a great solution.

Thanks for sharing, Scar!

[Edit] Well that escalated quickly.

Pedal Pushers has a black medium left. $1250!
WOW!! Way to get on it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.