Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Oh Joy of Joys - My ARC is here!!!

4K views 38 replies 12 participants last post by  ANTBRAX 
G
#1 ·
My quest is finally done. The trifecta is complete! I've always wanted a Yeti ARC, a Klein Adroit and a Mantis Pro-Floater!! Now, with the arrival of this sweet 19" ARC it's all good.

She's not perfect, but pretty damn good! But at least she's not crackalacky like so many others. Now where is that 1 1/4" Accutrax fork and Atac stem??

See less See more
G
#7 ·
Yeah, with those decals and that serial number, I'd fo sho say 93-94. For reference, here is A158 with the correct decals.

Ahhh damn it.... now why would you go and do that... now I want that one =(

But seriously, if I have to get an M1 I'll suffer with it. I'd rather have a rigid one, but a suspended ARC is better than no ARC at all.

#15 ·
Yes I like to comment on ancient threads. Regarding the geometry theory. frame geo is based upon the intended fork, therefore, the angles remain the same but based on a different fork. Model A could have a 71 degree HA based on a 80mm travel fork, Model B could also have a 71 degree HA but based on a rigid(say-395mm crown to axle) fork. The frames are different due to the intended fork that a particular completed bike was equipped with. I think this is how it works anyways.

G
#25 ·
Here's a quick update on the build progress.

Disclaimer: This is my personal bike, it is not and will not be re-painted (the fork might get a coat of turquoise) =D

I found an Accutrax fork and a nice ATAC stem with a noodle. No logo silver Chris King threaded headset on the way. I have a pretty nice mix bag of M735 XT stuff or maybe some M900 XTR, not sure yet. Silver hyperlite, black IRD seatpost, white turbo maybe...

Sorry for the dark pics.

G
#36 ·
exactomundo.

either way the frame is way too late. it defo needs a mani 1 or 2. match it to a no noodle atac.

that is all. carry on.

...and, i'll buy the straight fork off you to finance the proper front end.
It's staying rigid. ARCs all the way through the 93/94 catalog had the option of Accutrax or Manitou so it's legal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.