Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My quest is finally done. The trifecta is complete! I've always wanted a Yeti ARC, a Klein Adroit and a Mantis Pro-Floater!! Now, with the arrival of this sweet 19" ARC it's all good.

She's not perfect, but pretty damn good! But at least she's not crackalacky like so many others. Now where is that 1 1/4" Accutrax fork and Atac stem??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Super nice! I'm thinking with that serial # it's likely suspension corrected. Accutrax might be a smidge too short?
Oh??? So am I gonna have to get a Manitou 1??? That would suck... I try to stay rigid as much as possible.

So, would that make it a late 93 early 94?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, with those decals and that serial number, I'd fo sho say 93-94. For reference, here is A158 with the correct decals.

Ahhh damn it.... now why would you go and do that... now I want that one =(

But seriously, if I have to get an M1 I'll suffer with it. I'd rather have a rigid one, but a suspended ARC is better than no ARC at all.

·
1,529 Posts
I dont mean to downplay yours at all.. what you have is badass and will likely be fine with the rigid accutrax.

But yes, A158 is pretty much the benchmark IMO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont mean to downplay yours at all.. what you have is badass and will likely be fine with the rigid accutrax.

But yes, A158 is pretty much the benchmark IMO
Is there any way to determine whether or not my frame was corrected for a suspension fork?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is that bike original??
no, it got build up in 2008 by a german.
original thread is here where he mentions that the frame seems to be from 1992 (not suspension corrected). its a shame that the thread ended in an epic fight which led to the OP removing the pics...
you might want to skip through this thread for some more inspiration.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
no, it got build up in 2008 by a german.
original thread is here where he mentions that the frame seems to be from 1992 (not suspension corrected). its a shame that the thread ended in an epic fight which led to the OP removing the pics...
you might want to skip through this thread for some more inspiration.
Guess arguments aren't unique to us I guess. :p

That ARC is the best example I've seen. Those pics are a bench mark for all of us too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
According to the Yeti catalogs 92-95 the geometry for the ARC remained the same... so where did the suspension correction theory come from???

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes I like to comment on ancient threads. Regarding the geometry theory. frame geo is based upon the intended fork, therefore, the angles remain the same but based on a different fork. Model A could have a 71 degree HA based on a 80mm travel fork, Model B could also have a 71 degree HA but based on a rigid(say-395mm crown to axle) fork. The frames are different due to the intended fork that a particular completed bike was equipped with. I think this is how it works anyways.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.