Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
34,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... after my bike ride :thumbsup:.

A quick peek at the satellite map confirmed that there was a dry ride window this morning. So I headed out to St. Joes in Los Gatos to test some bike parts.

It shore was nice. It was warm in the beginning but it got colder as the day went on. Lots of folks out. We cheated the rain!

I forgot my water bottle so I loaded my tummy at the free water fountain right before the trail. Thanks!

fc

Attachments

·
aka dan51
6,021 Posts
I want to be able to attach 10 images too.....

Meanwhile, I'm sitting in a cold loud colo doing computer nerd stuff.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Nicely done! (not the water bottle part). The Northbay window WAS open as well, but I think it just slammed shut. Bike prep time - Cheers -

·
Weird huh?
2,286 Posts
raining/hailing now

Up here on Highland 2300ft elevation........started with some light hail about an hour ago, and is now raining moderately

good sleeping weather!

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Had a nice climb on the skinnies around 11am. Hailed for a few mins, but nothing too bad.

That is one fast looking bike FC.

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,162 Posts
Starting to come down. Time to continue working on DIY garage shelfs then hang around in forum 147.

·
Spin-stabilized
1,485 Posts
Dog was my co-pilot...

... today as we headed out to R'ville. I had my raingear on and was expecting some wind and at least some showers. It was overcast and intermittently windy but otherwise trail conditions were perfect, no rain. Mondo traction and everything was pretty and green. I checked out the gnar by the cave trail for the first time but did not attempt the really steep ones as my dog was on a leash and constantly ruined my balance. Managed to bump into some regulars as well. My camera's battery died so I was only able to snap a few pictures.

Someday I'll ride up and over this rock pile

Good ride!
Going home via Upper Quarry

Velo Bella

A little break by a big clump of poison oak (relax, I don't react to it)

·
Registered
663 Posts
I snuck in a spin at St. Joes as well from around 8:30-10:00. I was chatting with a gal on an orange Santa Cruz that fell on that little single track. :eek:

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Perfect day for hangover. Tried to get in a spin with Rafael, but no motivation. Sorry bro!

Then off to Tosca tonight :D

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
A pleasant little interlude this morning.

I was also surprised at how nice the weather was this morning. So like others, I quickly jumped on my bike for a local ride.

Since Santa Teresa and Quicksilver were closed, I just climbed 1000' on some steep local roads for fitness. Then I hit a few miles of some sweet local urban singletrack along the creeks for sheer joy.

I'm now in a little post-MTB glow, ready to curl up and read some books today while the weather blows. :)

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
fat.tires said:
...The Northbay window WAS open as well, but I think it just slammed shut. ...
Hit it from 7:30 to 9:30. Didn't really start raining until 1pm in eastern San Rafael.

-slide

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Rode Redwood and JM on SS. It was nice.

Total Time (h:m:s) 2:36:02 8:02 pace
Moving Time (h:m:s) 2:06:24 6:30 pace
Distance (mi ) 19.42
Moving Speed (mph) 9.2 avg. 32.1 max.
Elevation Gain (ft) +3,190 / -3,152

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
Clues

rogan said:
Accessed QS over hicks nobody told me. Oops.
All was good early AM, but not now.
As a frequent rider in Quicksilver, here's how I tell it's closed.

Clue 1; Quicksilver closes for two days from the slightest bit of rain. If someone spits on the dirt road, they call the rangers for a closure debate. :p

Clue 2: You can check status before riding by calling the Santa Clara Park hot line: (408) 355-2200 x7x5 (And Santa Teresa is x7x4) Updated 10AM daily

Clue 3: The rangers are very good about posting a No Bike sign at all entrances. It's one of those big graphic signs on a post that is turned around and/or unfolded.

However, I understand how it's possible to be in a zone and miss all that. I don't think there was much rain in the morning, so the closure for the day was really for the expected rain later. The rangers in Quicksilver and Santa Teresa are mellow and very bike friendly compared to other places.

·
Mtbr Founder
34,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dan51 said:
I want to be able to attach 10 images too.....

Meanwhile, I'm sitting in a cold loud colo doing computer nerd stuff.
At least you don't work outdoors!

You too can attach 10 photos now.

fc

·
Mtbr Founder
34,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rensho said:
Had a nice climb on the skinnies around 11am. Hailed for a few mins, but nothing too bad.

That is one fast looking bike FC.
You like my durache cassette and gold chain? If these spokes were any thinner, they'd be invisible.

fc

Attachments

·
Mtbr Founder
34,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
chucke said:
I snuck in a spin at St. Joes as well from around 8:30-10:00. I was chatting with a gal on an orange Santa Cruz that fell on that little single track. :eek:
He's alive!

fc

·
Registered
215 Posts
Dang rain! I've got a brand new El Rey sitting in my car hole waiting for the trails to dry out. Over here (San Luis Obispo) the trails seem to need a steady week of dry weather to be rideable but two would be better. I've had one chance to ride the bike so far and it was great. It doesn't help that the only day of the week I can ride right now is Monday and this Monday is going to be yet another day of staring at the new bike and sighing.

·
Altitude addict
118 Posts
AC hub

francois said:
You like my durache cassette and gold chain? If these spokes were any thinner, they'd be invisible.

fc
Francois
How is the AC hub holding up? I'm piecing together a project and was looking at that hub rim combo.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts