Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No video today. Just some stills. My friend Joe and I did a little ride in the Santa Ana Mountains in Southern California: Santiago Truck Trail>Old Camp>STT>Luge. We wore arm warmers the whole time.

Even though it was 40F at the start it felt much colder than the 33F start a couple of weekends ago. With about 8 miles of climbing ahead of us it didn't take long to warm up.

Near the start of STT. Several miles of scenic climbing to go.

Old Camp, the turn around point.

The start of the Luge singletrack (the Turner content).

Half way down the Luge.

Joe exiting the Luge.

I met a Turner Five Spot rider at the start of the Luge who must have been in his 60s. If this post finds you, more power to you. Its an inspiration to see people rockin it with style. :thumbsup:

Happy trails.

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
cool pics...gets cold here in AZ as well...but i'm glad we don't get snow! :D
that trail looks really fun! :)

tucson was BEAUTIFUL this weekend...i took a couple of newbs out this weekend...and we were all in shorts and jerseys! :thumbsup:

yay for no snow!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dHarriet said:
cool pics...i took a couple of newbs out this weekend...

yay for no snow!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
Thanks.

That's cool you're getting new people out. My friend Joe is a newb as well. I got him riding about 4 months ago. Next I've got to get him to ditch the orange reflectors on his pedals.

Truth be told, I miss real seasons. I've lived in Seattle and Bainbridge Island in Washinton; Arlington and Alexandria, Virginia; Oahu, Hawaii; and several places in California. I like rain and get depressed with endless sunny days. I still identify the most with Seattle....but I'll take the sun and dry trails for mtbing anyday.

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
i've been told i'm pretty good with newbs...but that's because when i was a newb the super egotistical arrogant boys i rode with were really sucky to me...so now i try very hard to be the opposite! :D my goal with newbs is always to be the person i wish i was able to ride with when i was a newb! :D:)

and they did really well...great attitudes, they didn't walk anything...awesome!!! :D high fives all around at the end of the ride! :D:D

and yeah...i miss seasons too...i really want to get into snowboarding...which is impossible to do here...:rolleyes: i can't complain about the riding right now...but come summer, it's HOT here...ergo, no riding for me! :rolleyes:

i would be much happier with snowboarding in winter and biking in summer...rather than biking in winter, and it's-too-hot-to-go-outside hot in the summer!

:D

·
Just another FOC'er
2,222 Posts
Nice.

It's certainly the Santa Ana's season now - cool and no bugs.

I was up there too riding my 40 lb 6-Pack. We did the Trabuco road -> Holy Jim -> Main Divide -> Upper Joplin -> Lower Joplin -> Old Camp -> STT -> Trabudo Drop. On that route I think we top out at about 5300 feet before dropping Upper Joplin and it was really cool up there. Probably 50 degrees. Burrr. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.