Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
artistic...
7,593 Posts
yo michael staab,

that first tourquoise yeti is the bomb. you know what i would do? slap a high rise stem and a wtb dirt drops there= mega hyper handling!

oooops! i am na idjut: you already did it w/ the red one. sorry.

·
1,529 Posts
Oooh, Scant's secret FRO. One of the best I've ever seen :)

·
FreeRider 4 Real (not!)
363 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts

Still have some changes to make but I'm getting close. Anybody got an extra accutrax and an ATAC they want to part with?

·
artistic...
7,593 Posts
the kona fork you got there has more rake than a accutrax. if you like how it rides, good but the answer fork will give you a subtle different handling; it's rake is better for high speed handling something yetis are proud of.

·
VRC Hound
4,275 Posts
colker1 said:
the kona fork you got there has more rake than a accutrax. if you like how it rides, good but the answer fork will give you a subtle different handling; it's rake is better for high speed handling something yetis are proud of.
The Project 2 also appears to be suspension corrected which will also cause subtle differences in handling ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
bushpig said:
The Project 2 also appears to be suspension corrected which will also cause subtle differences in handling ;)

Yep this Project was the earliest I could find. According to my research the Axle-Crown measurement is the lowest of anything I could find. Well I also have a Cannondale Pepperoni too but that just wouldn't be right.. ;) I know it's not perfect but it's getting there.. Eventually I'll either find the right fork or pay Chris Herting to do me up a reproduction too.

Bushpig you and I have discussed this at length although through email not the forums. Like the Cook's cranks? They were formerly yours!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Zephyr!

Not mine, just picked up the image on the web somewheres:

·
horn doggie
847 Posts
92 Fro

first painted (plum) at Yeti in 1995, and lived most of its life in Alaska, until last year. Was my winter project last year.

Attachments

·
Registered
863 Posts
Those 4130 Yeti's are just fantastic.I have always loved the Firemans cruzers and the Yeti bikes remind me so much of that bike.Hope to have one or the other one day.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts