Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 703 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Wanted: Continental Pro 1 or 2 tire in good condition.
Have: IRC Racer X-1 tire in pretty good condition.

Wanted: Suntour XC 9000 f. derailleur, brakes, shift levers, pedals in decent condition.
Have: M730 f. derailleur, brake and shift levers, brakes and pedals. All in good condition except the pedals which have some scratches.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Specialized Ground Control Reissue

I just bought a 2007 Stumpjumper Classic reissue used with about 5 miles on it. It was donated to a shelter and advertised on Craigslist. I was honest with the guy over the phone about what he had, but he said he wanted to sell it for $150 anyway. I almost crapped my pants on the 15-mile drive down there, but I got there before anyone else did & plunked down the cash.

I want to convert this into a cool cruiser, and I don't care too much about period correctness, but the drivetrain on this thing needs to get off of this and on to my Ventana.

SO

Have:

Pair of Specialized Ground Control tires from 2007 Stumpjumper Classic. About 5 miles on them.

Want:

NOS or excellent condition drivetrain for this bike. (I want to take off the Sram X.0 crap and the XT crank, and substitute a drivetrain that will fit the theme of the bike.)

OR

Some good quality, high-rise Bullmoose bars for my '85 Stumpjumper.

OR

?

EDIT: I know there were only 200 sets of these made. Feel free to make trade offers, but I'm going to hold out for a good trade. If I decide to sell them, I'll take out a $2 ad I promise, so call off your dogs, Soup Nazis.

Attachments

·
Registered
961 Posts
Have: Cook Brothers cranks 176's 2 sets (with or w/o rings)
Cook Racing cranks 176's (with or w/o rings)
Cannondale 24"/26"mt bike frame with original fork and U brake
Klein Top Gun 1989 frame/fork or complete bike
Fat Chance Yo 92 M frame and fork or complete
Marz road/cross suspension fork
Brodie mt bike fork early 90's. 3 piece blades/crown (gator blade?)
Mavic mt bike cranks with BB, mt bike wheel set with Mavic hubs and rear deraileur
Campy Euclid mt bike brake levers,brakes and headset
NOS Fat Chance Yo team fork,92. Never mounted, steerer uncut
Bunch more vintage/modern stuff, PM with what you are looking for.

Want: 29'er frame or complete bike 17"/M
High end 29'er wheelset tubeless
Giant Trance X frameset or complete bike size M or Devinici, Ibis etc.......
Sram 2x10 drivetrain NEW
Musical instruments : guitars, banjo, bass, saxophone
Tell me what you have to barter:thumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
XC Expert Thumbies and 1" Judy

Have:
-Set of very good condition Suntour XC Expert Thumb shifters
-1" Threadless RS Judy Long travel fork. I was ridden for 1 or 2 years, then has been on wife's bike since with almost no rides. Assume it needs rebuilt, and maybe it won't.
-New in Bag Hite Rite
-1965 or 66 Schwinn Corvette II project frame/fork/stem/bars/cranks. VERY ROUGH shape

Wanted:
XTR V brakes
27.2 layback post
Any other offers considered, what do you have collecting dust.

·
The Brutally Handsome
1,257 Posts
Have: XT Thumbies, XT Cage Pedals, XT V-Brake Set, XT Derailleurs, WCS Z-Max Skinwall 2.35 Folding Tire, Titec H-Bars, 27.2 Syncros Ti Seatpost

Need: 1" Rigid straight blade fork for my Bontrager, preferably threaded 5.5" long steerer but will also take threadless: Project 2, Switchblade, Bonty Race???

·
Gamers local 2112
941 Posts
I want a champion 26" bmx cruiser frame/fork.

I have a few nice vintage bikes. Land Shark, some hand made full suspension thing and a serious mess of parts,vintage and newer. I also have a redline squareback, and several sting rays...let me know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ritchey Timberwolf

i have an old, i think an 87, ritchey timberwolf thats a 18 inch frame. i'd like to trade it for a smaller, 16 inch, ritchey frame. it must be a ritchey. even though this ones way to big for me, it rides just too sweet.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Me Too:

<a

You should have found me 6 months ago when I was bored with it. :rolleyes: Now I am too deep in the project to quit until I am done....:cool:

It would take a very nice bike to peel this away from me.. .....:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
had to repost my list wouldnt let me edit it and I have dug out my old stash.....
Have;
Scott Unishocks Elastomer grey shocks 1" threaded steerer (these are the recalled ones it should be noted)
Profile Bar None race aluminum handlebar 138grams circa 94
Ritchey Logic red clipless original version
Mavic 230 anodized rims unlaced 32h
Mavic 231 Hard anodized rims unlaced 32h
Nishiki road frames (mens and womens) lugged steel (late 60 early 70's)
27" wheelsets (2) steel rims with high flange qr hubs
tons of road stuff stems,shifters bars etc.
old Condor saddle
old generator light set 60's
Shimano Eagle rear derailleur
Shimano Thunderbird front derailleur
Shimano Exage front derailleur (1988)
Shimano Exage Mountain Thumbies (1988)
Shimano Mountain LX Biopace Crankset 175 28/38/48 (1988)
Exage Wide Cantilevers (1988)
Exage Brake levers (1988)
Exage Biopace crankset 175 28/38/48 (1987)
Michellin Wildgripper Lite S front and rear tires Folding green (heavy dry rot and fraying of skinwalls but intact bead I have them mounted and up to pressure)
Smoke and Dart Folding (fraying of skinwall but intact bead)
Smoke and Dart Steel bead (fraying of skinwall but intact bead)
Specialized Rockhopper Comp (1989) complete only thing not original is tires. The seat will need replaced though as its basically faded and ripped. Looks like a 16-17 frame
Scwinn clear creek mtn frame 20-21

wanted;
usable 1" suspension fork
prefer manitou original or 2,3,comp want a cnc one
or working mag 20 or Marzocchi from that period as well

Shimano XT m735 front derailleur top pull 34.9

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Salsa Frame Trade?

I have two Salsa Ala Cartes, both in a 17" frame size, measured center to top. The toptubes are 22.16" and the headtubes are 1". I am guessing they are both 1996 vintage.

I would like to trade one of these frames (your choice) for the next size up or maybe even the next size after that so that my dirtdrop setup is more upright.

Salsa sizing can be found here: https://mombat.org/95Salsa9.JPG

Photobucket

Photobucket

61 - 80 of 703 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.