Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured it's time to start showing them off! I know they're starting to show up. We just got this at Urban Downfall today!!! I'll get complete shots of the bike once it's done, but our shop guy Nate is building it. Fox 180 van Rc2, blue kings to stans ztr, descendent cranks, e13, sram drivetrain. Tons of other diety...it's gonna be such a sick build!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Good call on this thread...been watching this forum waiting to see some shots of other builds...

I will have mine in a couple days black medium w/ Totem, XO, e.13 Cranks, full thompson, saint brakes...I have never been this excited about building a bike, can't wait.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude...I just finished my 2011 tr450 with nearly as spec as you can make a bike(mines the one down to 34.5) and i'm just so envious. The 250 is just stunning. Your build sounds like an astounding amount of fun. I got a pair of the e.13 cranks yesterday and wow the finish is stunning on them. I was shocked how nice they are. try to get some really detailed pics of your bike

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's a small updated pic...these aren't the final wheels that will be on the bike and it's missing the chain. It's at 34 dead on with the setup right now. Will be in the low 36s

·
Registered
564 Posts
So I got my frame and was building it up last night. I'm as excited about it as the next guy, but I almost blew my top when I was mounting the rear wheel. With the two chips falling out it must've taken me five minutes to get the axle lined up and threaded. This was with the bike in a stand. Am I missing something or is it really that retarded?

·
Registered
258 Posts
the only thing that I dont like so far...love the adjustability but it makes for a bit of a sketchy wheel removal...esp on a muddy dh course to change a flat...In the rack it wasnt all that bad though...

3mm axle bolt is a bit crazy to...

·
Registered
645 Posts
ruppguts said:
So I got my frame and was building it up last night. I'm as excited about it as the next guy, but I almost blew my top when I was mounting the rear wheel. With the two chips falling out it must've taken me five minutes to get the axle lined up and threaded. This was with the bike in a stand. Am I missing something or is it really that retarded?
The one tip I have is to take the non-driveside insert out with the axle.That should make it a lot easier. Once you have the bike built up with der cable housing and the like, the driveside should be a lot less likely to fall out as well.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.