Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
scoutcat said:
i missed it, was planning it as my first race... i missed the ouachita challenge too.
Same here. I missed both and was hoping to do one as my first endurance race.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Did Syllamo for the first time last year. That was a VERY hard race. Still not sure how I managed to finish. I learned all about bonking! I'll be a little/lot better prepared this year.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
chuckie33 said:
Same here. I missed both and was hoping to do one as my first endurance race.
Sucks that you missed both registrations. The Spa City 6hr (Hot Springs, AR) is coming up the last weekend in February. I think that would be an exellent 1st endurance race for you or anyone else for that matter. If you have never ridden there it is a fast flowing loop (approx. 9.5-10 miles) with pretty short climbs. The fact that you come through the start/finish area each lap really helps with hand ups and is great from the aspect of nutrition/repairs. Super fun course as well.

·
Ozark Native
600 Posts
rode friday

went with a couple of the boys last friday and rode some of the trails. Its just mind blowin how much damage the ice storms have done. It looks like loging crews are filling lots of holes were trees have fallen over and uprooted, but they must be using a small bench cutter or some piece of equipment that they need a little over 2 feet wide to get trough. Lots of trees are being cut to make way for this tool. Dont get me wrong I get it, but it makes me wonder how the trail was cut the first time with out cuttin all those trees.

Lots of evidence of loggin goin on which really blew me away at how much different this place is gonna look in 5 years.

Other than a few low branches and some new fallen limbs this trail is so epic. I had the time of my life and cant wait to go back... when its a little dryer. rollin resistance was high!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.