Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
middle ring single track
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who may not know, Henry W Coe State Park is no longer in the Monterey District but in the brand new "Diablo Range District".

On July 15th new Superintendent's Orders were signed dealing with park trail access; they were posted this weekend.

About what the rangers have been telling use to expect, Class 1 e-bikes can be ridden anywhere bicycles can be ridden. Class 2 and Class 3 e-bikes are prohibited on all trails. I'm guessing they're OK on roads? I've got a question into the rangers asking for clarification.

The 15/5 mph bike/e-bike speed limit is reiterated. Sounds like it applies to park roads too.

Also, drones are prohibited.

A couple of crappy image taken through the Dowdy VC glass:
Text Parallel Number Square Paper

Text Material property Space Document Paper

·
More pie please
2,010 Posts
For those of you who may not know, Henry W Coe State Park is no longer in the Monterey District but in the brand new "Diablo Range District".

A couple of crappy image taken through the Dowdy VC glass:
View attachment 1267739
I notice that the Orestimba restriction is to "Orestimba Wilderness Area Trails". Could this mean that the full length of Orestimba Creek Road would be considered open to pedal bikes?

Thanks,
///Charlie

·
middle ring single track
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I notice that the Orestimba restriction is to "Orestimba Wilderness Area Trails". Could this mean that the full length of Orestimba Creek Road would be considered open to pedal bikes?

Thanks,
///Charlie
And e-bikes too! (Let's not forget Red Creek Road!)

Pretty sure certain rangers would still issue a citation. With a good lawyer I think a judge would dismiss it in court. Good luck.

·
More pie please
2,010 Posts
And e-bikes too! (Let's not forget Red Creek Road!)

Pretty sure certain rangers would still issue a citation. With a good lawyer I think a judge would dismiss it in court. Good luck.
The prior language was "Orestimba Wilderness area"...

...so was just hoping the change in wording meant the roads were back to being open for pedal bikes.

///Charlie

·
middle ring single track
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A little off topic, but do you know if Stuart Oregano still in the chain of command?
AFAIK, yes, Sargent Organo is Supervising Ranger for at least Coe and probably Fremont Peak SP and San Juan Bautista SHP.

There will probably be changes now that the above are in a "Super Sector" that includes HHSVRA. I think the Gavilan Sector is gone and now it's the "Hollister Sector". YMMV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.