Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 5001 Posts

·
dying hurts.
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well, the first thread seemed to have a lot of speculation and questions...
now that the camber is beginning to trickle into shops and hit the trails, i figure we'd get a new thread going with some real life experiences and pics...from us who are really riding them (not just getting them for free to test ride).
here's my 2011 camber elite..size medium..

here's what i've changed:
-sram x.7 drivetrain
-truvativ stylo crankset
-pg990 cassette
-pc991 chain
-phenom saddle
-sunline v1 am wheelset
-maxxis advantage front / maxxis larsen tt rear tires (set up tubeless)
-esi chunky grips
-crank bros egg beater sl pedals
-truvativ stylo race 100mm stem
-truvativ stylo race seatpost

weighs in at 27lb 10oz...which for a 5" travel trail bike is pretty good imo.

·
THAT guy
139 Posts
Man. The Camber seems so legit. I enjoyed my FSRxc, but it always seemed like it was the cheap bastard child of specialized's FS line up. The Camber on the other hand, looks to have fixed that.
Anyone else ever think the same thing?

·
dying hurts.
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TRY2KPUP said:
Man. The Camber seems so legit. I enjoyed my FSRxc, but it always seemed like it was the cheap bastard child of specialized's FS line up. The Camber on the other hand, looks to have fixed that.
Anyone else ever think the same thing?
just wait til you get on a camber and pedal it...the fsr xc is a pogo stick compared to the new suspension layout by specialized.

·
Registered
300 Posts
That is a nice looking bike! Why did you change out the parts you did? What crank was on the original bike? Just curious. Looks great, I hope more people join in and post their Cambers as more of them hit the shops.

·
Wait, what!?
742 Posts
Im looking forward to seeing and reading more about them too. My fiancee and I are looking for an FSR bike for her, and have been eye balling a few Mykas, as well as a SWEET 2010 Safire Expert (for the brain) over the past few months. Im wondering if there will be a D4W model of this here Camber?

Either way, sweet bike!

·
dying hurts.
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oz said:
That is a nice looking bike! Why did you change out the parts you did? What crank was on the original bike? Just curious. Looks great, I hope more people join in and post their Cambers as more of them hit the shops.
stock crank is in the first pic- deore octalink..
swapped parts cause i needed a longer stem (shipped with a 75mm) and seapost (shipped with a 350mm)...
had a line on the sunline wheelset, so i took advantage and i prefer sram over shimano.
absolutely no reason to swap any parts other than wanting to, not needing to..
outta the box, this thing was ready to rock!!
i'm kind of a funny guy i guess....the elite only comes in one color combo, and i wanted to make sure mine was set apart...

·
I'm Lazy.
43 Posts
2011 Specialized Camber Comp...

Here is a pic of my Camber from a couple of weeks ago. I have changed a couple of things since then.

I love this bike......

Attachments

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'm like 89% on the Camber being my next bike, its the heat.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
89% of the time it works all the time...

1 - 20 of 5001 Posts