Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
IMG_20160102_112905510.jpg

Picked mine up last week. Oh the fun I have been having! I am thinking the Trek X-Caliber will be up for sale in the spring and the Beargrease 2 is the spring, summer, fall and winter ride with a goofy grin on my face bike:)

·
sluice box
990 Posts
Bike Thief's sux, just posting for a fella Alaskan that lost his John Beargrease.
https://anchorage.craigslist.org/bik/5354443663.html

$500 for return of bike and $1000 reward for information leading directly to the arrest of the thief that stole this bike. Bike has 45 N handwarmers studded Dillingers and WtB saddle with 1x11 sram drive chain. Stolen from my shed in midtown after lock was cut. serial 22014030510160. There were less than 5 of these sold in Anchorage. The high original price of this bike will result in felony theft charges for the thief, and felony theft by receiving for the person who buys it if they are prosecuted and therefore I am serious about the reward.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Metal Chainsuck Plate?

After a practically Muddy 24 hour race in Scotland I was gutted to see I had lost the metal chainsuck plate off my Beargrease
I thought this would be nothing more than a quick email to Salsa to get the part number and order a new one from the UK distributor, how wrong I was
Sure enough email was written and replied to the following day, to be told it wasn't a spare part that they carry, they would look around and see if there was one kicking around but I've heard nothing since....
I can't believe a carbon frame at this price point has no support for what I would imagine is a easily damaged or lost part?

Anyone had the same problem?

Do I just get the beer can and double sided tape out?

I can't be the only person this has happened to?

Thoughts?

1 - 20 of 164 Posts