Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Posted this in 2 other threads, however belongs here as well. Needs some new shoes, leather bar tape and a Brooks saddle.

Road Goat

S

·
0 Posts
I like it tons! Velox tape and call it good, I wouldn't go all Rivendell on it, but that's me. Again nice bike.

·
Retro on Steroids
2,990 Posts
Jeff Lindsay with his first Mountain Goat, and Joe, the original owner since 1980. Photo is from the Old Goat Ride, May 10 2015, sponsored by Pullins Cyclery in Chico, featuring myself and mountain bike legend Jeff Lindsay.

Pullins Cyclery has operated at the same address since 1918. Steve O'Bryan is only the second owner.

chico02.jpg

chico02a.jpg chico02b.jpg

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Right on. I would like to find an old Goat with a biplane like that. So cool!

·
defender of bad taste
1,600 Posts
Just put this up in the WIW thread, but it's sadly not mine, (I've been asked to sell it by a customer) figure putting a couple of pix here will help preserve my memory of it.

Unknown year, but parts put it around 1993 I would guess.

More pictures over in WIW.

·
Registered
1 Posts
joue

I just picked up this bike over the weekend. Its a 1995 mountain goat Joule with some exchanged components. I have to work on the forks they need some new elastomers.

IMG_1829.JPG
IMG_1818.JPG
IMG_1825.JPG IMG_1822.JPG

·
Registered
718 Posts
Does the "new mountain goat" company offer ovalized tubing? That was a defining feature of the REAL mountain goats that were made in Chico, CA. by the real mtn goat company which is no longer in business.

·
Registered
5,985 Posts
Does the "new mountain goat" company offer ovalized tubing? That was a defining feature of the REAL mountain goats that were made in Chico, CA. by the real mtn goat company which is no longer in business.
I'm not sure if they did or not, or if any more frames will be made since Jeff Archer passed away. Most of the new frames were built by Sycip, and I'm not sure if they used ovalized (at the BB) tubing. They definitely did not offer the full frame being ovalized like a "Deluxe." I don't think that tubing exists any more

Reactions: 805MTB

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up a mountain goat a couple weeks ago and shoved it up on the shelf. Im just now getting around to it, bought a new 8 speed derailleur and put some new tubes in. It seams to be very light for its size and has square tubing on the rear end. I would love for some help identifying which model it is.

·
artistic...
7,594 Posts
I picked up a mountain goat a couple weeks ago and shoved it up on the shelf. Im just now getting around to it, bought a new 8 speed derailleur and put some new tubes in. It seams to be very light for its size and has square tubing on the rear end. I would love for some help identifying which model it is. View attachment 1910371 View attachment 1910372
It´s called Mudslinger.

141 - 158 of 158 Posts