Registered
1,932 Posts
double post

·
Registered
28 Posts
1991 Ibis SS

1991 Ibis SS Dirt Drop

Frame rescued from a bike co-op Seattle, now resides in Petaluma.

Surprised when the frame showed up in near mint condition (looks like someone toured on it briefly — evidence of a rear rack install, gasp!). Simple and trusty XT build, Campy Thor hoops, and a few WTB bits.

This thread was a very handy reference. Thanks.

Attachments

·
dirtbag
1,527 Posts
Cool, what travel fork are you running? I think you may have ruffled feathers of the vintage purists with that new fork but at least you kept the V-brakes.

I just picked up a maroon Alibi that has the same panel decal. Just need to pick up the others, is the frame 6061 or 7005? What does the decal say on your frame? TIA

·
Registered
29 Posts
IMG_0526_zps26b5792c.jpeg

Ha. Yeah, thanks. I kept it stock as long as I could, but finding new IRC redwalls and servicing the Marzocchi Bomber was getting a bit problematic. The current fork is a Manitou R7 Pro which I picked up new in 2018. I think currently only RockShox makes decent travel forks with V-brake bosses. With the replacements and upgrades she should keep banging around another 20+ years. The frame is 7005. I could be wrong, but I thought all Alibis were 7005.

·
artistic...
7,601 Posts
View attachment 1329323

Ha. Yeah, thanks. I kept it stock as long as I could, but finding new IRC redwalls and servicing the Marzocchi Bomber was getting a bit problematic. The current fork is a Manitou R7 Pro which I picked up new in 2018. I think currently only RockShox makes decent travel forks with V-brake bosses. With the replacements and upgrades she should keep banging around another 20+ years. The frame is 7005. I could be wrong, but I thought all Alibis were 7005.
I have a mojo w/ the same geo and want to find a nice steel fork to take the place of the bomber. I like what a susp fork does on the trail but dealing w/ fork rebuilding is something i don´t want to.

281 - 293 of 293 Posts