Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1101 - 1117 of 1117 Posts

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
@Drevil @rob_ralph
Where did you guys find the seat tube cable guide for the split rear brake straddle cable? Did those models come with it configured that way? Is this what they did before adding the single right side brazed on cable guide (with plastic sleeve)?

I have a 1995 Tequesta that I'm reworking into a 700c gravel bike, with some Dia Compe style center pull brakes. I'm thinking about getting a long straddle cable and running it in front of the seat tube like that and the cable guide you have would be perfect. It's obviously purpose made.
I saw this for sale:
https://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/286582
gtcrosser.jpg

Good luck on your search!

·
Triple Triangle Scavenger
30 Posts
IMG_20190511_123041455.jpg

My free frame of the week. Think I scored. Not sure what year it is... Has a really neat blue on black ribboned paint scheme and the design seems to be mid 90s. The bars are GT brand that I had laying around and the fork is a direct drive off a rigid Rockhopper. Can't wait to get it tuned up and on the trail!

·
30 Posts
Only $10!

IMG_20190513_175317538.jpg

Just beat my free Timberline score with a $10 Aggressor! Needs a saddle as you can plainly see, no major rust though. Brakes aren't working well but should be a pretty quick fix. 21" frame is great since my friends are all 6'4". Paint is pretty faded, so might get stripped and re-sprayed or maybe even hydro dipped.

·
30 Posts
Update: I guess the Aggressor is a 97. It is also one of the most fun bikes I've ever owned. Taking both GTs in for tune ups today

·
Rubber Side Usually Down
249 Posts
richochet is more 93 than 92...
You would be spot on with that big GT logo on the downtube.

Didn't know the Ricochets came in Tequila Sunrise. Love that paint job.

·
Sneaker man
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,111

You have to love a lot of those old GT paint jobs... o rheck a bunch of companies paint jobs... thats just soemthing you don't see any more (well really after the early 90's)

·
Rubber Side Usually Down
249 Posts
You have to love a lot of those old GT paint jobs... o rheck a bunch of companies paint jobs... thats just soemthing you don't see any more (well really after the early 90's)
Totally agree. I'm over the present matte black era and miss the times of funky paintjobs. We may never see it again. GT did some magical stuff for sure.

·
30 Posts
Totally agree. I'm over the present matte black era and miss the times of funky paintjobs. We may never see it again. GT did some magical stuff for sure.
I've actually been thinking of building a hydro dip tank so that I can try to recreate some of those amazing paint jobs. Really want a dakari white and that most excellent blue and yellow splatter

·
Registered
44 Posts

I too like the color - I just wanted to continue the Tequila theme beyond the paint....so I added a Rock the bike Blender and a Crust cargo fork (love that geometry to make it work) Now...it is a true party bike!

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
View attachment 1251068

My free frame of the week. Think I scored. Not sure what year it is... Has a really neat blue on black ribboned paint scheme and the design seems to be mid 90s. The bars are GT brand that I had laying around and the fork is a direct drive off a rigid Rockhopper. Can't wait to get it tuned up and on the trail!

Nice Timberline! That's a score in my book!

Pretty sure that's earlier than mid-90's. I'd guess 91-93. The graphics look the same as the 93 Outpost I had.

If you post the serial # (on the bottom of the bottom bracket shell) someone here will probably decipher it for you.

Also, IIRC, it might be date-able from the brakes. I think Shimano used to print a date code on the back of the brake units.

I still have my 1990 Timberline, I put thousands of miles on it commuting, touring, and now it's sort of my back-up cargo bike, when I need something with racks and don't want to lock up my Continuum there.

1101 - 1117 of 1117 Posts