Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
34,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ddraewwg said:
Waiting...waiting....waiting....waiting. :D
Before I left the house I posted photos of us packing up the car. And then I forgot the camera at home. I felt nekkid without the camera and now it seems it was all a dream until I see some fotos!!

fc

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,678 Posts
I don't think it actually happened.

With no photographic proof, did it really happen? :smile:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Best Gathering Evar

Gotta drag my sorry arse to work, but before I go I'll post a couple shots to get things going. In a nutshell, it was the bomb at D'ville. Good riding, epic trails, good friends, good food, sheets of rain and hail, and last but not least, delicious beer. When I get home, I'll post again in more detail.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
bigboulder said:
3. Chics drinking beer:thumbsup:
Guys (francis), take notes.
The winner was the only girl without her pinking in the air.
;)

My trip = awesome. New north yuba trail, awesome. Both ways.

·
Mtbr Founder
34,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
grrrah said:
;)

Ok, it's starting to come back to me. Thank you Norcal for coming out. There were about 30 people from Socal, one from Florida, two from Calgary and two from Norway!!

Socal is still up there and conditions yesterday and today must be just perfect.

fc

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
North Yuba is one kick ass trail. Only rode it from IV to Downieville, but will be back for the out and back. Descending from the not yet finished bridge down into Downieville was awesome. Super tight, fast and flowing trails after many previous miles of shale, rocks, trees, and enough exposure to induce vertigo.

Followed up with the classic DH run and pizza. Great gathering and beer and even left with new sunglasses!

·
Mtbr Founder
34,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
North Yuba

Ahhh yes...the new secition of North Yuba....especially the never ending climb at Slug Canyon is a fantastic addition.

MTBCanuk and I started our Saturday ride at 9:45am from Packer Saddle...then out to Gold Valley, Big Boulder, Sweeeeet 2nd Divide, upper/lower 1st divide. After a sandwhich stop in Dville we continued down the North Yuba trail to Rocky Rest in time to clean up in the river before our 5pm shuttle. Done in under 7 hours with plenty of stops. I would like to have the stats on this ride and some cool pictures but there are none. No matter...this was the "best ride ever"

Who needs all those gears and suspension.

·
too late to die young now
342 Posts
pics look great so far - we'll be heading up there next weekend ...

wonderin - what's the update on trail condish? Sunset trail open? snow level on the upper reaches? anyone ride Big Boulder and is it do-able? did you get hit with the storm that passed through there?

thanks!

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Sunrise for the first 1/3 is a mix of trail, snow pack and mud. After that the trail is a bit muddy and ripping.

·
too late to die young now
342 Posts
baycat said:
Sunrise for the first 1/3 is a mix of trail, snow pack and mud. After that the trail is a bit muddy and ripping.
thx - good to know =)

is Big Boulder trail at a higher elevation and anyone know the snow line?

·
Mtbr Founder
34,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Felton_Flyer said:
thx - good to know =)

is Big Boulder trail at a higher elevation and anyone know the snow line?
Big Boulder is great shape already as of Saturday. There really is no snow line as it's only the last shady spots that are hanging on to snow patches. By today and next weekend, everything will be just perfect. Sunrise might have a few stubborn patches still.

Pauley Creek though is absolutely divine and should not be ignored. My favorite section of trail last weekend was the three miles of Pauley Creek before it connects with Butcher. Oh and as these roadies were surveying how to cross Pauley Creek, I charged it and cleared the whole thing and the rocky bank!!

fc

·
Registered
222 Posts
grrrah said:
;)

I woulda kicked all their arses! Glad you all survived mother nature's rath - I was thinking of you all as I was punching holes in the sky...

·
~~~
2,036 Posts
First time up at Downieville did not disappoint. 2 runs on Friday and North Yuba on Saturday and I was toast. Got really tired of camping in the cold rain, but the people and the riding made it worth while.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I wasn't at the gathering, but two friends and I were up in D'ville Thurs-Sat. We had four great runs and are heading back ASAP.

My Blur broke a weld last week (se http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=526261), but Tyler and Greg at Yuba hooked me up with a cool Fisher Roscoe -- just right for my style at D'ville. :thumbsup:

I didn't get to use the CB Iodine wheels (see above), but they do look cool.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts