1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Official Announcement! 2005 Tahoe Gathering

Dates: July 7th - 10th

Where: Lake Tahoe NV….and CA

Alright folks I'm posting this official announcement way in advance because good camping and lodging in the south lake area can be pretty tough in July so planning ahead is key. My efforts to procure a group site at Nevada Beach have been fruitless. I believe the only way to secure sites at Nevada Beach for these dates is to log on to reserveamerica.com and make online reservations as soon as possible. The info I have right now is that camp sites for 05 will be available to reserve starting January 3rd at www.reserveamerica.com This campground is walking distance from the location of our Saturday night party and the end of Saturdays epic TRT ride. If you are into the lodging thing of course there are plenty of hotels / motels and condos in the area….just think ahead.

A Tahoe Gathering web site will be up by mid January and I will update it regularly.

We have a great place for a Saturday night party and there will be plenty of good food and drink plus live music.

The unofficial ride plan is ….

Thursday 7/7… afternoon meet and greet ride starts at Nevada Beach and we will cruise down the strip and hit some local south lake stuff (powerline?)

Friday 7/8…Christmas Valley and such…..

Saturday 7/9…Epic TRT ride from Mt Rose to Nevada Beach. 33 miles. This will require some shuttle coordination.

Sunday 7/10…Mr Toads….Short and or medium length version (No Punisher This Year)

Please email me if you need more info…I will not be doing an email list however…all updates will be on the web site and announced in the passion forum.

Blah Blah Blah…..

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
So many Gatherings, so little time.... Good thing I get an extra week vacation next year, thanks to 20 years indentured servitude to my employer. :^D

I rode at a Tahoe gathering a few years ago, and I remember it being a very good time, in spite of the lack of oxygen we lowlanders suffer from.

Kathy :^)

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Bummer.....

That's right around/on The Death Ride weekend. :(

Isn't the D'ville gathering usually the same/similar dates :confused:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
You can't do TRT from Mt. Rose Highway on odd days...

bigboulder said:
Official Announcement! 2005 Tahoe Gathering

Dates: July 7th - 10th

Where: Lake Tahoe NV….and CA

Alright folks I'm posting this official announcement way in advance because good camping and lodging in the south lake area can be pretty tough in July so planning ahead is key. My efforts to procure a group site at Nevada Beach have been fruitless. I believe the only way to secure sites at Nevada Beach for these dates is to log on to reserveamerica.com and make online reservations as soon as possible. The info I have right now is that camp sites for 05 will be available to reserve starting January 3rd at www.reserveamerica.com This campground is walking distance from the location of our Saturday night party and the end of Saturdays epic TRT ride. If you are into the lodging thing of course there are plenty of hotels / motels and condos in the area….just think ahead.

A Tahoe Gathering web site will be up by mid January and I will update it regularly.

We have a great place for a Saturday night party and there will be plenty of good food and drink plus live music.

The unofficial ride plan is ….

Thursday 7/7… afternoon meet and greet ride starts at Nevada Beach and we will cruise down the strip and hit some local south lake stuff (powerline?)

Friday 7/8…Christmas Valley and such…..

Saturday 7/9…Epic TRT ride from Mt Rose to Nevada Beach. 33 miles. This will require some shuttle coordination.

Sunday 7/10…Mr Toads….Short and or medium length version (No Punisher This Year)

Please email me if you need more info…I will not be doing an email list however…all updates will be on the web site and announced in the passion forum.

Blah Blah Blah…..
Can you?

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,858 Posts
Live music!?!?!?

Aww, cripes- it's not gonna be a bunch of old, drunken sods that can barely hold onto their sticks- err, instruments, izzit??? I mean, we already got the Stones and the Replacements for that.

fp

·
Banned
2,227 Posts
Damn, bad timing for the second (third?) year in a row.

I'll be poaching national park/national monument land around Lake Powell on those days.

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Completly unrelated, but FP, I must compliment you on the nice arse in the photo...and quality reference to Micky D's "underwear inside the pants" policy.

·
Jed Peters
1,412 Posts
bigboulder said:
gathering this year..It will be back next year.
Who's hosting it in 2006?

Pete said:
Damn, bad timing for the second (third?) year in a row.

I'll be poaching national park/national monument land around Lake Powell on those days.
Bad timing for me too. That's the week of Cascade. I'll be riding in a car most of the weekend.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.