Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always wanted to start one of these official-like threads.

So who is in for this season?

I think May 5th is the first race, and April 28th is the pre-registration night. Looking forward to some fun times. As osokolo said at the IceBreaker "of course I'm in, the Tuesday Night series is the bee's knee's". (He really used that expression).

Predictions have been made that a certain Guy LeClair will be a force to be reckoned with in the singlespeed category.

Let another season of trash-talking begin. :)

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'm keeping my fingers crossed... Still not 100% sure, depends on resolving some family scheduling issues.
This time I'd sign up in the proper category, too. :)

Arek

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'll be there about half the time.
The other half I'll be doing midweek crits (Why did they pick the same day for these two great race series??)

·
Singlespeed Mysty
646 Posts
I am actually going to do this - but may not be there for some of the races due to work commitments ... damn seniority ...

as far as trash talking is concerned, it will be more like the comic relief of slowest rider to enter the SS category... I suck, let's face it... having only one season experience and three races under my belt in total, I have alot of work ahead.

hopefully hitting the gym over the winter will have helped... mind you the extra 10lbs I packed on may tell a different tale...

the "bees knees?" that Ooogles...always finds choice words...

·
Is it winter yet?
255 Posts
Albion is a bit of a haul from my work in Newmarket, but the King trails and the Wednesday night series works out great. I'll be there more often than the Tuesday night series, but trash talking might have to wait a season or two until I have some ability to back it up.

·
Ms. Monster
1,812 Posts
1mystk said:
slowest rider to enter the SS category
Been there, done that. Until they have a women's SS category for the Tuesday nights, I'm just gonna suck it up and enter in my age AND gender category. The only benefit to entering SS is that there's absolutely no pressure, 'cause you KNOW you'll be last (speaking from experience).

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
nspace said:
Predictions have been made that a certain Guy LeClair will be a force to be reckoned with in the singlespeed category.
I have seen the future and his name is Guy. He tore it up at the Icebreaker. I'm guessing the last time I'll see him on Tuesdays is at the start line... :eek:

·
Singlespeed Mysty
646 Posts
Nerdgirl said:
Been there, done that. Until they have a women's SS category for the Tuesday nights, I'm just gonna suck it up and enter in my age AND gender category. The only benefit to entering SS is that there's absolutely no pressure, 'cause you KNOW you'll be last (speaking from experience).
well doesn't matter if I go SS or my age gender category, I will still be last :D

Is there a beer drinking category? I was good at that in 2007 :p :D right Oggles?;)

·
Team Speed Co-Founder
105 Posts
Nerdgirl said:
Well... If were adding categories I'm thinking we need an Open Platform Pedal category... Its the new thing in mountain biking, or so i hear... If that flies then i might be able to get 2 points this season... provided there aren't 10 people entering it... If there are... oh well... I'll have to come up with something else...

·
Registered
788 Posts
TSpeed said:
Well... If were adding categories I'm thinking we need an Open Platform Pedal category... Its the new thing in mountain biking, or so i hear... If that flies then i might be able to get 2 points this season... provided there aren't 10 people entering it... If there are... oh well... I'll have to come up with something else...
Unofficial fixed gear challenge? Anybody?

·
Single speed
231 Posts
H.A.N. preview night on a Fixie?

I plan on heading up for the tuesday evening before Hot August Nights.

I also plan on lacing up an ENO eccentric flip flop hub by then. If things get a little too hairy I could always switch to the free wheel side

But it's a 1.5 hr drive for me. I've done it in the past. The race loop and an extra lap with the helmet light make it worth the drive.

I also usually buy my citzens permit for CX racing while I am there. Kinda like killing 2 birds with one sprocket! =-)

·
Singlespeed Mysty
646 Posts
chansen said:
Albion is a bit of a haul from my work in Newmarket, but the King trails and the Wednesday night series works out great. I'll be there more often than the Tuesday night series, but trash talking might have to wait a season or two until I have some ability to back it up.
Chansen, I live in Newmarket and will be hauling myself from Newmarket to Albion for the Tuesday night series... it's only 30 minutes on a good day :D

I'd do the King Trails - but I work Wednesdays...

I don't have much ability and trash talk anyways... everyone just ignores me or trashes me back! :p :D

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
nspace said:
Always wanted to start one of these official-like threads.

So who is in for this season?

I think May 5th is the first race, and April 28th is the pre-registration night. Looking forward to some fun times. As osokolo said at the IceBreaker "of course I'm in, the Tuesday Night series is the bee's knee's". (He really used that expression).

Let another season of trash-talking begin. :)
I am in for what I believe to believe to be year number five for me of this series. I would suggest you to be correct on Mr. LeClair. Judging by the IceBreaker result, his winter beer-training has been kept under control. Nice work Guy, even though I know you don't venture onto the forums too often here.

On another note, I will be shooting more regularly with the helmetcam this season. Reason being, I have picked up a new high definition, much more user friendly, unit. I hope to get some extensive footage over the course of the season to share with all racers.

N.

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
so far...4 tuesdays OUT due to prior commitments.
i shall look forward to my roll as SPOILER this year.

Risdale, if I recollect, that was YOU on several occasions last year.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I lost my legs in the snow. Another week down w/o riding.

I am going to give myself the roll of anti-spoiler (whatever that means) as my attendance is also affected due to prior commitments.

Could there be an Epic battle between LePper and LeClair?

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
nspace said:
I lost my legs in the snow. Another week down w/o riding.

I am going to give myself the roll of anti-spoiler (whatever that means) as my attendance is also affected due to prior commitments.

Could there be an Epic battle between LePper and LeClair?
20$ a place.
that's my fee.

i reserve the right to increase this amount in the event that a bidding war arises in a tight standing.

screw my perpetual first place loser spot...i get a water bottle, a plate and a quick peek down Ruppel's t-shirt...big whoop.

with the pay per place, I could come out with BULL money.
which incidentally may become JUG money if they don't get a right proper chef that doesnt done die mid-service.

1 - 20 of 376 Posts