Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am sure I am not the only one thinking or planning for this race now...Hence starting this thread to get the discussion, cheap shots, race plans, and general race dialogue rolling on one of the biggest events of the season.

Who's in? Or not? With who? What are your expectations if you have any? Bombs away!

Neil

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
I'm not in...

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
Pfft, cornering is for suckers. Everyone knows that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. :D

Mrs. Monster and I are out unfortunately (we'll be paddling our butts off at a regatta in Vancouver) but I'm sure the Misfit Dance Party will roar on smashingly without us. :thumbsup:

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
mtbmeister said:
That's unfortunate...Other commitments? No team? What's happening?
The fact that my team dissolved is the biggest reason. I'll likely take the opportunity to send some of the funds in another direction.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm in and super-stoked about it too! I've been wanting to try a 24 hour race since I got hooked on biking last year. :D I'll even get to use the light set I got for my birthday. Yay! I am really looking forward to this!

btw, if anyone has any tips or suggestions for someone who's never been to a 24 hour race, it would be much appreciated! (ie, bring both wheels for the bike, maybe a change of clothes, consider bringing a snack, deodorant, etc.) hehehehe :D Okay, so besides the obvious ones.....

·
Registered
84 Posts
sweetfilly7 said:
btw, if anyone has any tips or suggestions for someone who's never been to a 24 hour race, it would be much appreciated! QUOTE]

Bring normal food. The last one I did, I brought mostly 'race' food (clif bars, ensures, boost, etc), which was horrible after about 8 hours. I was so jealous of all the people who brought more good food, which was still ok for racing (i.e. oatmeal cookies, cold pasta salad with lots of vegetables, cold pizza, etc). You can still use a bar or gel for laps, so I guess I'm thinking more in between.

·
Team Speed Co-Founder
105 Posts
sweetfilly7 said:
btw, if anyone has any tips or suggestions for someone who's never been to a 24 hour race, it would be much appreciated!
Bring lots of beer.... Team Speed likes Guiness in case you were wondering ;)

·
More than a little slow
654 Posts
TSpeed said:
Team Speed likes Guiness in case you were wondering ;)
Team Skunk likes Maudite, any of the many Wellington products ( maybe SPA for mid race, with an Iron Duke to close off with), or perhaps Beau's Lug Tread Ale, if there is anyone from the Ottawa area attending who feels like donating to the cause.

Guiness, by the way, is not beer and should be reserved for cooking meat pies with.

I am in for solstice. Just bought a spot off a guy this weekend.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts