Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Either/Or. You are spitting hairs between them. I was considering either, but the deal on the Yeti swung it for me & the fact I already had a nice, spare shock in the same size & 175mm dropper in the right size meant it was an easier decision. But I don't think you can go too far wrong if you are starting from fresh.

In terms of feel, I would agree with the few reviews i've seen, the Yeti certainly has the more 'race bike' feel to it, the Offering felt a bit more playful (wasn't in X-Low when I tested it, which could have an impact). I do actually race mine on tamer enduros so maybe it made a bit more sense to me.

WRT issues, both brands are hardly the pinnacle of reliability & performance, so I think you're taking a bit of a gamble with either - being UK based means Evil potentially is more of a pain in the ass to deal with if something goes wrong. I can always ball out the shop I ride for if I bust my 130 & to be fair, when i've broken other bikes with them, i've always had a loaner, or worst case, i'll just ride my big bike.

Hopefully I won't need to find out. There have been a few instances of issues with Yeti (and some of which I experienced first hand with an SB66C years ago), the frustration really is even though they are a very small %, so should be dealt with better than they are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.