Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'll post to help and also Sedona/Flagstaff are my stomping grounds not that that matters but I do like the Offering in Sedona chunk. I find it a bit floppy, however, in slow uphill climbing. 150 fork 51mm offset in Low. I also rode the bike in a couple of enduro races last year over my Turner RFX. First 29r I've been on that doesn't feel like a wagon wheel bike. It doesn't pedal as well as my V2 Ibis Ripley but that bike sets the standard for uphill prowess. I'm more about the down.

Anyhow, I'm 5'11.5" and 190lb and on a medium. 55mm stem with 780 bars. After a year on the bike I'm still quite happy with a med.
Appreciate the feedback rockman! Have you demoed a V4 Ripley....I did last year and thought it was amazing. Thanks again dude...

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Appreciate the feedback rockman! Have you demoed a V4 Ripley....I did last year and thought it was amazing. Thanks again dude...
No, but for me the V2 was out-gunned for most of my riding. Where it shines is the all-day high country ride. But my wife who is a strong rider liked the V4 so much on a demo in Sedona that I got her one. Her first 29r and she's not riding her HD3 much anymore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is absolutely my experience as well. I have added a .6 spacer (up from the stock .2) on my dpx 2 and I still frequently experience HARSH bottom outs on large drops to flat and in fast chunky sections. For this reason I am selling my V2 in favor of the added bottom out resistance in the offering. I am also adding the cascade link to my offering.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Easily bottoms out

The Ripmo has a falling leverage rate, The Offering is very Progressive. That's why some people feel the Ripmo bottoms too easily. If you're pushing it hard and weigh over 150lbs it does, especially with an X2. That's also why you can't run a coil on the Ripmo.

If you're focus is climbing- Ripmo. If you only climb to enjoy the down- Offering.
This is absolutely my experience as well. I have added a .6 spacer (up from the stock .2) on my dpx 2 and I still frequently experience HARSH bottom outs on large drops to flat and in fast chunky sections. For this reason I am selling my V2 in favor of the added bottom out resistance in the offering. I am also adding the cascade link to my offering.
The Ripmo certainly climbs better but its not enough to make up for the poor support at the end of the stroke.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts