Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

101 - 120 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone have a lead on a small frame in stock anywhere? Fanatik had a few but I still wasn’t 100% sure I wanted to build one, I’ve finally decided on it and now they’re gone.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Anyone have a lead on a small frame in stock anywhere? Fanatik had a few but I still wasn’t 100% sure I wanted to build one, I’ve finally decided on it and now they’re gone.
I just grabbed the last one they had yesterday.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the small wasabi shadow in my cart, went back to buy it and it was no longer available🤣😂 guess I’m stuck with my SB130 a little longer, I can’t seem to find one anywhere.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'll be posting pics of mine soon just waiting onna few small things but for those wondering about lime green on this bike it looks amazing.
My wheels are I9 TR280's with lime green spokes laced up to straight pull purple hydras and purple I9 valve stems.
Black and green Deity bars with matching I9 stem. Purple Deity grips and pedals with Hope breaks and a purple floating rotor. Black on black Deity seat and black on black Pike ultimate to go with the blackout drunk frame.

Edit: forgot I added a purple one up top cap.

·
Registered
307 Posts
i have an opportunity right now to buy a medium offering frame - i’ve never yet ridden an evil but i’m very keen to try and this purchase would be without a demo. can anyone compare the offering to say a norco optic? or a ibis mojo hd4 or hd5? i’m on a banshee titan right now and it feels like just a bit too much bike specifically in the rear end. i’d be building it up in the 30lb range if possible, most likely with a pike and a lighter wheelset and drivetrain as a do everything rig.
I’m in the same boat. Really interested in both the Offering and Optic as a do everything trail bike. I feel like they are pretty comparable and can occupy the same category even though they both do it a bit differently. Most interested how each does in the the more punchy up/down tight twisty pedally trails because I think both will be suitable for the descents.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I’m in the same boat. Really interested in both the Offering and Optic as a do everything trail bike. I feel like they are pretty comparable and can occupy the same category even though they both do it a bit differently. Most interested how each does in the the more punchy up/down tight twisty pedally trails because I think both will be suitable for the descents.
That's exactly how I use my Offering - do it all, regular trail riding, out East where things tend to be tight twisty rather than fast & open. It took a short while to adjust to the longer wheelbase (came from an Ibis Mojo HD-R then a Following MB) but very happy I landed on the Offering. Running a Pike at 150 up front and it feels nicely balanced. I considered extending to 160 but haven't as it seems pretty good as is. The bike will certainly handle everything I can throw at it....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Other than tyres, i'm still using stock ones, it's finally DONE!
Here some pics 😬
Gx build
soon 160 factory 36 and -1° works components Angleset
one up 35mm bar and esi extra chunky grips
180 one up dropper with Ergon sm comp saddle and Tune clamp
x2 Factory
burgtec ti delta bolts
chainring and bash from Unite Co
same for spacers and stem
Rainbow chain
mt7 pro brakes and mdrp 220-203 rotors
leacon Vaults
stikers from Stikrd and Ridewrap on it!

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,334 Posts
If anyone knows a store with a Large in stock please LMK. Stock is non-existent on any online stores which sell Evil.

·
Registered
12,649 Posts
If anyone knows a store with a Large in stock please LMK. Stock is non-existent on any online stores which sell Evil.
Check with Quentin at OTE in Hurricane. I know they just built up a large blackout drunk Offering for a demo they might be willing to sell. They also have another large frame coming, but not until the end of May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
That's exactly how I use my Offering - do it all, regular trail riding, out East where things tend to be tight twisty rather than fast & open. It took a short while to adjust to the longer wheelbase (came from an Ibis Mojo HD-R then a Following MB) but very happy I landed on the Offering. Running a Pike at 150 up front and it feels nicely balanced. I considered extending to 160 but haven't as it seems pretty good as is. The bike will certainly handle everything I can throw at it....
How does it feel in instances where standing and mashing a short climb or putting power down through a flattish twisty section of trail? I hear a lot about the small bump sensitivity of Evils but does that translate to a platform that's sensitive to body movements or does it have a decent platform when mashing?

·
Registered
463 Posts
It feels good to me - but bear in mind my reference point isn’t from an XC/racing perspective.... I have a Push 11/6 on it and there’s not a lot of bobbing in full open mode, to the extent I often leave it open for general riding, and in trail mode (e.g. more low speed compression) it feels nice and firm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
How does it feel in instances where standing and mashing a short climb or putting power down through a flattish twisty section of trail? I hear a lot about the small bump sensitivity of Evils but does that translate to a platform that's sensitive to body movements or does it have a decent platform when mashing?
It's excellent out of the saddle. Unlike the new Horst link designs which tend to pedal really well in the saddle but still provide great traction and then bob out of the saddle, Evils seem to pedal even better out of the saddle without giving up traction. I'm on my third Evil and they all seem to behave this way, but the latest Offering seems to have it down the best. Something magical going on with the suspension.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My Offering V2 is mostly finished. Next week the Push 11.6 arrives and then I need to get some new brakes. I am torn between some Hopes, or Magura MT7 like I have on my Insurgent LB.
F235FD7D-57F4-4F4F-B904-CF782059DC53.jpeg

·
Registered
52 Posts
sweet build! i'd go mt7 without thinking about it, hope have way less power, since you're going push i think you like to go fast!
Interesting take. I don't think they have lesser power. Hopes just have more modulation. MT7s just bite quicker but if you clamp down on the lever with hopes you get the same effect. All personal preference though. I've always prefered modulation over initial bite force for drifting corners and such.

·
Robertson
1,004 Posts
I've been running Formula Cura 4s on my bikes for the past year now (used just Shimano Saints for years prior) and quite like them. Good power and modulation and the colors look sweet!

On an Evil note, I'm still waiting on my size L Offering I ordered in December. Time frame was February, then March, now April...

·
Registered
688 Posts
How tall are you guys running large frames? I’m 5’10” and currently have a Lg Turner RFX but the TT is 24.3 and the reach is only 435 and I’m running a 40mm stem. The fit is sweet But I’m n to sure how it translates to these new bikes with steeper seat tube angles and all the geometry changes that have happened over the past 5 years. thoughts?

·
Registered
52 Posts
How tall are you guys running large frames? I’m 5’10” and currently have a Lg Turner RFX but the TT is 24.3 and the reach is only 435 and I’m running a 40mm stem. The fit is sweet But I’m n to sure how it translates to these new bikes with steeper seat tube angles and all the geometry changes that have happened over the past 5 years. thoughts?
The reach on stock L is 491 with the stock 35 mm stem. I'm 6ft with fairly long arms and am running a 32 mm stem from I9 witch puts me at 488. Would comfortable with a 35, or 40.

·
Registered
7,756 Posts
I'm on a med V1 Offering coming from a large RFX. 50mm stem with 800mm bar on the RFX. 55mm stem with 780 bar on the Offering. I'm 5'11.5" with a 32" inseam. Not sure how those #'s translate to the V2 Offering but it sort of depends on whether you want the stability of the longer wheelbase of the L 29r or a bit more nimble handling of the medium. I went with the medium based on a parking lot test but glad I did. That said, the cockpit is on the snug side.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am exactly 6’-1” with a 33” inseam and 6’-4” wingspan. The new Evil geo in Large is perfect for me. I also have a Large Insurgent LB that feels a little small and regret not getting an XL when I bought it last year, especially since I may turn it into more of a park play bike with a 170-180 fork. I do think at 5’-10” you may go either medium or large though. You are kind of in between. If you want to throw it around more, go medium. If you want to go fast on steep decents, maybe large is better.

101 - 120 of 174 Posts