Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12,539 Posts
Nice. I assume that's the Wasabi Shadow color. Is there a hint of green/olive to it, or is it more grey. Hard to tell from the picture.
Threaded BB or press fit?

·
Robertson
997 Posts
Nice. I assume that's the Wasabi Shadow color. Is there a hint of green/olive to it, or is it more grey. Hard to tell from the picture.
Threaded BB or press fit?
Check out Fantik bike's story on Instagram, they have one of these color ones with a bunch of pictures. Looks like flat grey with perhaps a hint of green. And they're all threaded BB these days

·
Registered
12,539 Posts
Check out Fantik bike's story on Instagram, they have one of these color ones with a bunch of pictures. Looks like flat grey with perhaps a hint of green. And they're all threaded BB these days
Hmm. Love my Fugitive LT but the V.1 Offering was high on my list when I was looking at new bikes last fall and these updates would nudge it even higher. Plus everything including my Push 11/6 shock and carbon wheels will transfer directly over. The numbers match the Fug very close with .5" longer reach and 1 deg steeper STA being the only significant differences both of which I like.

What's the seat post diameter on the Evil?

·
Registered
235 Posts
30.9 mm usually, so will not work with the seat post from your Fugitive. But hey, at least that super boost carbon wheel will slot right in!

·
Registered
12,539 Posts
30.9 mm usually, so will not work with the seat post from your Fugitive. But hey, at least that super boost carbon wheel will slot right in!
I was this close! Guess I won’t be able to swap frames after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wish they had kept the Frank the Tank color with the new geometry. Black is ok but the new Wasabi really does nothing for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wish they had kept the Frank the Tank color with the new geometry. Black is ok but the new Wasabi really does nothing for me.
must agree, i never really liked dark bikes, i've got the Offering v2 in black just because the wasabi was an undefined color, and there was no good deal on the older offering, but i was really wishing for a bright color, green, orange, red, purple, whatever but bright, i really don't get this 2 almost identical dark color option

·
Registered
43 Posts
Man this thread went nowhere, would love to here more about this bike....
If you want to get a feel for this bike just watch a pile of V1 reviews. It's just a refined version of that. Steeper STA, longer reach, climbs a bit better, boost spacing. Still as super fun do it all trail machine. Lively and poppy. Shreds the downs.

·
Registered
12,539 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Oh, you ordered one too?? Mine (L, wasabi) should arrive end of February...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Betamtb.com has a review of the Offering up on their site and on YouTube if anyone is interested Beta Tests: Evil Offering X01 | Beta MTB
Just some food for thought. We seen some conflicting ideas in here. That bike is well north of 30Lbs with the Lyric and 2.5 rubber front and rear. Which will take away some of the pop and it's climbing prowess. Especially running the soft compound. Alot of bike for the ladies to lug around. The trade off is obviously the bike is ultra capable in this configuration. I personally wouldn't spec my bike this way. It's still plenty capable with a lighter fork, tires and wheel set. Unless you're the type that sends it really big and hucks to flat often.

I have mine built up with a pike and I9 TR280 wheel set and am just a shade under 29 lbs. It has nearly as much pop as the v3 Following and climbs like a champ. Which is exact what I'm looking for in a trail bike. Capable yet lively. If you're on the enduro spectrum go with a beefier build.

My advice for the average trail rider is this: build the bike up as light as you can afford. It will pay dividends in the fun factor and smiles.

·
Registered
12,539 Posts
Oh, you ordered one too?? Mine (L, wasabi) should arrive end of February...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Yep. Black out Drunk also in large. I figured the longer reach compared to my large Fugitive would be a wash given the 1 degree steeper STA on the Offering.

Not sure what my ETA is. I’m guessing end of March or early April. Not too concerned. It’s still fat bike season here.

·
Registered
12,539 Posts
Just some food for thought. We seen some conflicting ideas in here. That bike is well north of 30Lbs with the Lyric and 2.5 rubber front and rear. Which will take away some of the pop and it's climbing prowess. Especially running the soft compound. Alot of bike for the ladies to lug around. The trade off is obviously the bike is ultra capable in this configuration. I personally wouldn't spec my bike this way. It's still plenty capable with a lighter fork, tires and wheel set. Unless you're the type that sends it really big and hucks to flat often.

I have mine built up with a pike and I9 TR280 wheel set and am just a shade under 29 lbs. It has nearly as much pop as the v3 Following and climbs like a champ. Which is exact what I'm looking for in a trail bike. Capable yet lively. If you're on the enduro spectrum go with a beefier build.

My advice for the average trail rider is this: build the bike up as light as you can afford. It will pay dividends in the fun factor and smiles.
I agree. Their description of it being on the enduro end of the trail bike spectrum is due mostly to their build.

Mine will also have the bigger 2.5/2.6 tires , Lyrik, and burlier build but there’s quite a bit of carbon to offset it (wheels, bars, cranks). Hoping it will be in the 32 lb range.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree. Their description of it being on the enduro end of the trail bike spectrum is due mostly to their build.

Mine will also have the bigger 2.5/2.6 tires , Lyrik, and burlier build but there’s quite a bit of carbon to offset it (wheels, bars, cranks). Hoping it will be in the 32 lb range.

Nice man. Any idea how long you'll be waiting? We just got hammered here with snow so I'll be back on the fat bike for awhile.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts