Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
yeah, we know, it's an Offering. but how much more than a v1? (& congrats on being first in line).

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I have spent some time on a following v3, wreck v3 and a 21 stumpy s-works s4 and I will say that this bike is the "ultimate trailbike" not the stumpy. The stumpy felt really similar to the following but was a little more plush. The offering feels more plush than the stumpy but it's almost as poppy and efficient as the following v3. I also had an offering v1 and it did feel similar to the new one but I would say the v2 is better all around. At 5'10" I ride medium Evil's and the extra reach on the v2 was a huge plus for me. I tried out both a large and medium following v3 and found the large to be slightly bigger than what I wanted.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Thanks! I have spent some time on a following v3, wreck v3 and a 21 stumpy s-works s4 and I will say that this bike is the "ultimate trailbike" not the stumpy. The stumpy felt really similar to the following but was a little more plush. The offering feels more plush than the stumpy but it's almost as poppy and efficient as the following v3. I also had an offering v1 and it did feel similar to the new one but I would say the v2 is better all around. At 5'10" I ride medium Evil's and the extra reach on the v2 was a huge plus for me. I tried out both a large and medium following v3 and found the large to be slightly bigger than what I wanted.
What type of trails and riding are you doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
569 Posts
What type of trails and riding are you doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any comparison between it and the Wrecker? Does the Wrecker play nice as a trail bike or did you ever feel over biked?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any comparison between it and the Wrecker? Does the Wrecker play nice as a trail bike or did you ever feel over biked?
I had an 11/6 on the wreck and had one setting with a pretty poppy trail tune and I thought it was pretty good. If this is your only bike and you don’t have regular access to aggressive trails I wouldn’t recommend it. I think you should find the perfect bike for your local trails and then find a bike that has 10mm additional travel.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The best way I can describe the wrecker on your average trails is you spend the whole time trying to convince yourself that it's too much bike but in reality the bike does really well, better in areas you'd think it wouldn't.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts