Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the new offering but it has a very concerning issue with the shock bolt. It is coming extremely loose within 30 minutes of riding on trails. I need to constantly tighten it up during my first two rides. I have a following v3 and do not have this issue with it. Does anyone else have this issue and a solution?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine came loose on the first ride. Check torque spec before each ride since and it's been bang on. Could always try some moderate loctite.

I have a habit of checking the entire linkage system before each ride. Even with the titanium Burgtec bolt kit that allegedly never comes loose.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I should have dug around a little more before posting. The shop that built my bike had alot of the bolts at the wrong torque settings. I fixed them all and will see how it goes...sorry for the alarm.
Glad you figured it out. Kinda scary but not surprising that a shop would make mistakes on a build. Always pays to double check their work. I only trust two people to work on my bikes and one for them is me.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I have a Following V3 and had to use thread locker and go a fair ways past torque spec on that exact bolt because it kept coming loose when simply torqued to spec.
Normally I wouldn't be inclined to overtorque a bolt in the linkage/shock hardware but it doesn't pivot and I was out of other ideas or patience.

Having done both of those things it's been fine since.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a Following V3 and had to use thread locker and go a fair ways past torque spec on that exact bolt because it kept coming loose when simply torqued to spec.
Normally I wouldn't be inclined to overtorque a bolt in the linkage/shock hardware but it doesn't pivot and I was out of other ideas or patience.

Having done both of those things it's been fine since.
What did you torque to?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.