Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,541 Posts
I'm 5'11.5" and ride a medium V1 Offering. I've always ridden a Large on pretty much every mtn bike I've had but am quite happy with a medium, 55mm stem, 780mm bars.
I'm 5'11.5" and ride a medium V1 Offering. I've always ridden a Large on pretty much every mtn bike I've had but am quite happy with a medium, 55mm stem, 780mm bars.
I asked at Evil and they said a large should fit well. I know numbers don’t tell the whole story but the large fugitive and the large v2 Offering have very similar numbers. Only differences being 1/2” longer reach ( but also a degree steeper effective STA which offsets the extra reach when seated), 1/2” more stack and 1/2” longer wheel base. I bet I’d be pretty happy on a medium too, especially in tighter terrain and for jumps and popping off stuff etc.

My clicking finger is getting pretty itchy, but I should try the medium first to make sure, especially given your experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I asked at Evil and they said a large should fit well. I know numbers don’t tell the whole story but the large fugitive and the large v2 Offering have very similar numbers. Only differences being 1/2” longer reach, 1/2” more stack and 1/2” longer wheel base. I bet I’d be pretty happy on a medium too, especially in tighter terrain and for jumps and popping off stuff etc.

My clicking finger is getting pretty itchy, but I should try the medium first to make sure, especially given your experience.

Granted it was only a parking lot test but when I rode the large it felt like a long wheelbase 29r which is what I was trying to avoid. Also, these days I prefer a bit more of an upright cockpit and didn't want to feel stretched out. That said, the medium is snug for sure. However, I haven't had any issues with all day, backcountry type rides either.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I asked at Evil and they said a large should fit well. I know numbers don’t tell the whole story but the large fugitive and the large v2 Offering have very similar numbers. Only differences being 1/2” longer reach, 1/2” more stack and 1/2” longer wheel base. I bet I’d be pretty happy on a medium too, especially in tighter terrain and for jumps and popping off stuff etc.

I‘m 6‘ (183 cm) and rode a L v1 Offering on a test event two years ago. I did not check stem length but I’m guessing it was 50 mm. Except for the 140 mm travel Pike, I would not have changend much.
So I ordered a L v2 just a few weeks ago. Shop also suggested to go with a large...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,541 Posts
Granted it was only a parking lot test but when I rode the large it felt like a long wheelbase 29r which is what I was trying to avoid. Also, these days I prefer a bit more of an upright cockpit and didn't want to feel stretched out. That said, the medium is snug for sure. However, I haven't had any issues with all day, backcountry type rides either.
That reminds me, I parking lot tested the large v.1 also. It felt good, though maybe slightly bigger, longer than my Fugitive.

I’m getting used to long bikes though. I remember how long my large 27.5 Endorphin felt when I first got it in 2015 and how small/compact it feels now.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts