Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not related to Cannondale, but I know we have some good knowledge out there.

Where can I learn to weld? I mean this in the most general sense. Arc, gas, energy beam ;). Regardless of scale from shipbuilding to more modest scales. How does one train, what are some of the more common certifications, etc?

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,285 Posts
I learned to weld at Lincoln Electrics welding school in Euclid Ohio. A six week course in stick and theory, then a week of TIG and MIG. I felt pretty prepared when I left.:thumbsup:

My Square Wave TIG-355 rocks the house.:yesnod:

Edit: I lived in a rented room during that time, my wife and 2 year old son were in Lake Placid NY at the time. I brought my S-Works steel HT with me for down time. The riding seemed to kinda suck, Metro Parks was off limits, but I found the Atchison Property http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-states-trails/trails-ohio/trail/PRD_169609_4569crx.aspx to be cool, and about 45 minutes away. I will admit to some poaching of the Metro Parks, sometimes a guy just needs time on dirt......

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,285 Posts
We had guys training for that when I was there. A company also came through, trolling for job seekers, can't say as it sounded like a good job for me, but yeah,they make serious coin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts