Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, gotta get this out of my head, as it's still there even after the ride just now...

Sorry 'bout the trail troll we dealt with today. I didn't want to waste my ride time arguing w/ him.

No, not that it's my fault, but as ride leader maybe I should've spoken up??

[Note: EDITED for clarification-sort of an off-topic forum thing, but there's no off-topic forum anymore, so it'll stay posted here as it's locally related.]

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
EBrider said:
I have no idea what you are talking about, but glad you got the old user name back. You should have been at Ales and Trails anyway for some great beer and salad.
Soda and salad. ;) Yeah, wishing I'd been able to go, gotta check that thread out!! (Pics??)

**Know it all, anti-bicycling, let's try to make Obi look bad, but wind up looking bad instead, and making Obi look like an Angel situation.

re: http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTI-BICYCLIST-...622992QQcmdZViewItem?IMSfp=TL0806231816r24622

Person passing them out at the trailhead, started a verbally berating rant..

Made for about a half-hour of interesting interaction.

Then we rode, and all was well, just wanted to clear my mind and the air is all the post was about.

I know the people involved might see it my way, so just I wanted to be sure to say something passively in clarification.

Posting the topic seemed the best way, although a bit cryptic to everybody else, sorry 'bout that part.

·
Bomber
982 Posts
The logic does not follow.

obionespeedonly said:
I edited the O/T to clear it all up.

I miss F-88 and what we could put in there, as honestly, in part because my O/T belongs there.
Then why put it in here?

·
beer is good for u
136 Posts
I'm pretty sure I would tell the guy passing those out to f*** the he** off, and probably wouldn't apologize to my friends for being an ass either. I guess I'm a little brash that way :(

That person deserves all the verbal abuse given, but as stated above it's feeding the troll IRL

/my take on it

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
audi0phile said:
logic doesn't follow...Then why put it in here?
The logic's a bit lacking, as to the topic title, I didn't want to post the thing up, relating to the fact it is an Off-Topic, to have MTBR Staff think I was trying to fluff over the whole F-88 blow-out thing I was never a part of.

Basically why I edited things, looked really cryptic and nonsensical.

Point being I fixed it, topics clear, but title edit has to be done by a mod.

Moving on...

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
obionespeedonly said:
Soda and salad. ;) Yeah, wishing I'd been able to go, gotta check that thread out!! (Pics??)

**Know it all, anti-bicycling, let's try to make Obi look bad, but wind up looking bad instead, and making Obi look like an Angel situation.

re: http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTI-BICYCLIST-...622992QQcmdZViewItem?IMSfp=TL0806231816r24622

Person passing them out at the trailhead, started a verbally berating rant..

Made for about a half-hour of interesting interaction.

Then we rode, and all was well, just wanted to clear my mind and the air is all the post was about.

I know the people involved might see it my way, so just I wanted to be sure to say something passively in clarification.

Posting the topic seemed the best way, although a bit cryptic to everybody else, sorry 'bout that part.
That's funny. I bet the East Bay Regional Park District is behind this. Those guys hate white road bikes. Or track bikes, its hard to tell from the picture.

I don't remember what the original post was about. Must have been a bad salad to beer ratio at Ales & Trails.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
EricN said:
That person deserves all the verbal abuse given, but as stated above it's feeding the troll IRL
Agree 100%, That type of person feeds on the controversy and ill will that they create, which does nothing more than to reinforce their beliefs. Self perpetuating belief cycle. You can't have a reasoned argument or discussion with a person like that, as they have a take no prisoners mentality.

I'd ignore someone like that at the trailhead . . . unless they got in my face. Then I'd call the Man and file a complaint.

Where did this happen, BTW?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went to the listing and reported it as Offensive. With luck, it will be removed. If some more of you will do the same, it should be gone quickly.

If I met up with the guy on the trail, well, let's not go there.

Rob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.