Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tribe member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I'm looking to take my boys (ages 4 and 7) fishing for the first time tomorrow afternoon (and throwing a line in myself). I have been debating between Prineville Reservoir and Ochoco Reservoir. Does anyone have any good suggestions for fishing at either? Or if there's a better place to fish closer to Bend.

Looking to fish from the shore and probably using some Powerbait.

Let me know if you have any ideas or questions for me! Thanks much.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am a troller/jigger and have not bank fished for a long time...

Haystack may be a good bet for the kiddos. Always see a bunch of bankies catching some trout there. Plus it just got stocked with thousands of legal size trout I believe. Some big bass in there too. Lots of bank access. Go off the deck where it flows first. Then try the dam then on the other side of the dam where the cliff is. Safest for the kids would be the deck though.

Ochoco would be good too I think. Sit down on the dam and toss in.

Twin Lakes should be a good choice as well.

My first choice would probably be Haystack though, especially since it just got stocked with a whole boat load of fish (pun intended) :)

Good luck to ya! I have a video of my daughters very first fish and it just so happened to be out of Haystack! Nothin like seein your kid get excited when they pull out a fish! (And then the fish "catching" my wife..) :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiHAMSPRa0A

·
Tribe member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'll take the kiddos up to Haystack then, and hope that we catch a few decent ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts