Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple months ago I listened to the DaVinci Code on CD while driving to/from work and to/from bike rides. I don't usually listen to music while riding, but if I could download some interesting books on tape onto an iPod it would be better than having to listen to myself huffing and puffing the whole time I'm riding. Are Books On Tape available in downloadable formats? If so, any suggestions on titles to listen to?

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Yep, you can download them straigth from Itunes, but they are pretty darn expensive. DiVinci Code was about 15 bucks more than the CD I got at Price Club.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Free: http://www.gutenberg.net/

Project Gutenberg is the first and largest single collection of free electronic books, or eBooks. Michael Hart, founder of Project Gutenberg, invented eBooks in 1971 and continues to inspire the creation of eBooks and related technologies today.

The mission of Project Gutenberg is simple: To encourage the creation and distribution of eBooks.

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
Dax said:

Project Gutenberg is the first and largest single collection of free electronic books, or eBooks. Michael Hart, founder of Project Gutenberg, invented eBooks in 1971 and continues to inspire the creation of eBooks and related technologies today.

The mission of Project Gutenberg is simple: To encourage the creation and distribution of eBooks.
Um, they dont have stephen king or Michael Crichton; who reads anything else :D !?

·
Registered
26 Posts
ears for listening

XCBob said:
A couple months ago I listened to the DaVinci Code on CD while driving to/from work and to/from bike rides. I don't usually listen to music while riding, but if I could download some interesting books on tape onto an iPod it would be better than having to listen to myself huffing and puffing the whole time I'm riding. Are Books On Tape available in downloadable formats? If so, any suggestions on titles to listen to?
i'm not at all in favour of filling my ears whilst riding...too dangerous for my liking.
But if you must..load your Cd onto your computer then upload it to your ipod..too easy
Expensive MP3's...Nah use " acqlite" Acquisition peer to peer i got davinci code for nix..

my head is hurting still

·
Registered
38 Posts
www.booksontape.com has some of their selections on MP3 CD. I've taken to just ripping everything to MP3 and burning it to a single CD. Or, more recently, using Audible and playing them on my iPAQ.

If you're interested in some Robert Ludlum, I might be able to sell you an MP3 book or two. I've got some unabridged King and Prey by Crichton, but not on MP3. Drop me an email if you're interested.

·
Poser
263 Posts
Dax said:

These are books in a text file, not an audio file.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts