Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
McNears-DTB Schooner
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one and what can be said about these bikes? I have a picture of one in a '88' Mt. Bike Action. It looks like a pretty darn nice ride...

·
McNears-DTB Schooner
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fillet-brazed said:
SL, I know just the one youre talking about and I always loved that one too. Tons of character.

Orangejust, thanks for the link. Nice Toad!
For sure, it looks like a really well balanced machine. Well outfitted too!

·
McNears-DTB Schooner
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rumpfy said:
SL - There are a couple Toad threads with some good pics in them.

I'd like to try one out but they've been seemingly quite rare.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=4153

Feb 89 Toad scan:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=69652
E- thanks for the heads up in the links. Dave (Steelman) and I were sitting around last night looking through my old mags, we really liked the ad./ pic. in that '88' M.B.A. and figured this is the best place to get some info.

Yeah, I'd like to get my hands on one too, or at least have a day of riding on one:D

·
bonked
2,129 Posts
Now why did somebody have to go and bring up toads again. They were THE bike we wanted, or at least wanted to ride, back in the late 80s. We were so inspire by them that we took Earl Bob's Marin something or other (prestige frame) and moved the brakes to the seat stays and went to top tube routing. Little brazing, little filing, and Earl had his own version of a Toad.

Well not quite. Let's just say we tried.

·
Surf 'n' Trail Rat
87 Posts
salsa-luma said:
Does anyone have one and what can be said about these bikes? I have a picture of one in a '88' Mt. Bike Action. It looks like a pretty darn nice ride...
I have an issue of MTB Action from 1995 (I think) which has a ride review of the Offroad Toad, complete with photos and other info. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions and/or would like me to copy it for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.