Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Not Smart Enough to Quit
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if this will be held this year? Thw website ( http://www.wncmountaingoatepics.com/offroadassaultmt_mitchell.htm ) has not been updated. This sounds like it would be a good first endurance event. It's not too long (like a 12 hour or a 100 miler would be) and it's in the Southeast. If anybody knows of any other suitable events please sound off!

·
H8 H8 H8
864 Posts
Oramm

This is not to be discouraging at all, but ORAMM was harder than any 12 hour race that I've done. It's a great event, I recommend it, and I'll be back this year.... but it's a tough ride. 13,000 ft of climbing......

There is a very low-key 12 hour race this weekend near McCormick, SC -
http://www.sorbacsra.org/bd registration form.html

There is also a 12 hour at Tsali this year -
www.goneriding.com

I would think that either of these would be a better first-time event. And you can still do
ORAMM later in the year.

See you out there -

ZB

·
Topeak-Ergon Racing
708 Posts
xray_ed said:
Does anybody know if this will be held this year? Thw website ( http://www.wncmountaingoatepics.com/offroadassaultmt_mitchell.htm ) has not been updated. This sounds like it would be a good first endurance event. It's not too long (like a 12 hour or a 100 miler would be) and it's in the Southeast. If anybody knows of any other suitable events please sound off!
This is one of the best events I've ever been to. Todd does a fantastic job and the ORAMM's growth over the last few years shows it. Reg will probably happen in May. Keep an eye on www.wncmountaingoatepics.com for updates.

Start working on your climbing now and you should be in good shape by July.

Eddie O

·
Category Winner
6,138 Posts
Any idea when yet?

I heard it is always the last Sunday in July. I would love to go back, but if it is July 31st I have to leave for the TransRockies 5 days later. I know after last year I said I wouldn't bother doing it again, but I always say that kind of thing after a race. ORAMM is high on my recomendation list. Well supported, beer, food, beer, prizes, and I think there was free beer.

·
Heads up Flyboy!!
3,165 Posts
ON July 31st the 6th Annual Off-Road Assault on Mount Mitchell is back to push you to the limits in WNC's premier endurance mountain bike race. With a estimated course distance of 60 miles, 11,000 ft of accumulated climbing, Looooong Forest Road climbs, and sweet back country singletrack descents the ORAMM is guaranteed to be a soul searching epic you will never forget. Throw in the awesome rest stop personnel, a Highland Ale and Urban Burrito post race party, and you've got a race quickly becoming a legend! Contact Todd Branham at 828-606-5107 or epicrides at bellsouth dot net for any questions.

Jeremy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.