Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
likes bicycles
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have to tear down my frame to send her in for a warrantee claim. I was wondering what standard protocol is for hydro disc storage? I have Juicy 7's. Is it ok to just take them off of the bike and store them as is, or do I need to drain the fluid first?

Thanks!

·
...idios...
5,662 Posts
You could slide a spacer, like a folded piece of card, in between the pads to prevent them closing shut if the lever gets pulled, but that's the only (perhaps) necessary precaution. Just let the hose find its natural coil and pop a cable tie on to keep it all neat. If you are also removing the rotor, either pop it in a separate bag or check for oil/grease before you refit it.

·
Registered
12,083 Posts
vitale232 said:
Hey guys,

I have to tear down my frame to send her in for a warrantee claim. I was wondering what standard protocol is for hydro disc storage? I have Juicy 7's. Is it ok to just take them off of the bike and store them as is, or do I need to drain the fluid first?

Thanks!
Hang the by the levers on a nail in the wall.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
No need to drain the fluid. Why would you have to? How is it any different than the brakes being stored while still on the bike?

As said, put somethin between the pads. Put the rotor in a bag. Put all the bolts in a little bag so you do not lose them. Store in a safe place.

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
toss 'em on a shelf, pile other stuff on top. works great for me, never a problem in years of doing it that way.

:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts