Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin just got a OEM (no rebount, no nothing) Fox float off of ebay for a good price. I just intalled it on his bike and noticed that as I work it on the bike it seems really dry. Its brand new but figured its probably older (07 maybe) and couldn't hurt to throw something in there. What shock oil or lube should I put inside the air chamber?

Thanks in advanced!

·
Photog Cyclist.
401 Posts
Hell I just use synthetic motor oil in the air chamber!! Mobil 1 Truck n SUV 5W-40 left over form an oil change on my truck. For the air chamber oil is oil.

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
two6labs said:
Best thing you can do is drip some phils tenacious oil down inside there. It comes in a green bottle and cost like $8 or $9 bucks.. This stuff is gold with air seals...
I use Phil's Tenacious in my Rock Shox Solo Air and it works fantastic...I always keep a bottle of Phil's around, my current bottle is at least 7 years old.

·
Photog Cyclist.
401 Posts
Do you really think a modern automotive lube would be likely to emulsify? Either petroleum or synthetic based?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.