Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
(enter witty phrase here)
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently decided to try the ODI Lock Ons. Wow, such a breeze to install and remove.

The only complaint I have is that the locking screw always seems to poke or rub my hand. No matter where I rotate and lock them down, the screw gets me in the finger, thumb, or inbetween. Anyone else have the same problem? Any suggestions? I've thought about replacing the screws with low profile head screws.

Also, anyone ever cut down Lock Ons and use only one clamp?

·
I ride a Swarf
1,314 Posts
i think they are great too. I dob't tend to heit the screw heads but sometimes find I am quite a way on to the plastic cap that covers the outer clamp which can be uncomfortable.

Why would you want to cut them down, if they were narrower they would be cramped imo. Maybe you could remove a section from the middle and keep both clamps as a suggestion too if you like them shorter. Might be a bit more secure.

Stu.

·
(enter witty phrase here)
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stuart B said:
i think they are great too. I dob't tend to heit the screw heads but sometimes find I am quite a way on to the plastic cap that covers the outer clamp which can be uncomfortable.

Why would you want to cut them down, if they were narrower they would be cramped imo. Maybe you could remove a section from the middle and keep both clamps as a suggestion too if you like them shorter. Might be a bit more secure.
I got 2 sets. One for me and one for the wife. I'm running shorter ones and she's got longer ones. Both using gripshift. Hers are a bit long. But mine are probably too short for her so I thought about cutting them down..

I know what you mean about the plastic caps. I don't use them cause I've got bar ends. But they're on the wifes bike. She hasn't complained about them yet. Probably because her grips are so long her hands never get there. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.