Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
No Clue Crew
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a badly damaged finger that isn't healing as rapidly as I'd like, I haven't ridden in going on two weeks, I'm on light duty at work and I'm working on my second 24-ounce can of Tecate ($1.99 at Safeway). Thus this mostly useless post.

Weeks ago I walked into Cactus complaining about all the money I was spending on rear tires. I mean, I was on a run, going through $60 tires likes no one's business.

Fish listened to my litany of despair and handed me a tire. He told me not to look at the sidewall, just pay him the $20 sticker price, put it on my bike and go ride.

So I did.

The tire is an Innova 2.35. Far as I can tell, it doesn't have a model name. Looks roughly like a Nevegal. Not terribly light, but not a pig. Rolls pretty good. Seals up tubeless like a champ. Traction is good. It's not the greatest rear tire I've used from a traction perspective, but it's very good. The best part? It's still alive after at least four runs on National and four runs on the tech stuff at PMP (Upper Cheesegrater, Hairball, etc.) which is murder on tires.

I'll probably kill it after writing this, but so far can't complain about this $20.

·
Swamp Thaang Groupie
629 Posts
Blatant said:
I've got a badly damaged finger that isn't healing as rapidly as I'd like, I haven't ridden in going on two weeks, I'm on light duty at work and I'm working on my second 24-ounce can of Tecate ($1.99 at Safeway). Thus this mostly useless post.

Weeks ago I walked into Cactus complaining about all the money I was spending on rear tires. I mean, I was on a run, going through $60 tires likes no one's business.

Fish listened to my litany of despair and handed me a tire. He told me not to look at the sidewall, just pay him the $20 sticker price, put it on my bike and go ride.

So I did.

The tire is an Innova 2.35. Far as I can tell, it doesn't have a model name. Looks roughly like a Nevegal. Not terribly light, but not a pig. Rolls pretty good. Seals up tubeless like a champ. Traction is good. It's not the greatest rear tire I've used from a traction perspective, but it's very good. The best part? It's still alive after at least four runs on National and four runs on the tech stuff at PMP (Upper Cheesegrater, Hairball, etc.) which is murder on tires.

I'll probably kill it after writing this, but so far can't complain about this $20.
3 for the price of one, can't beat it with a rock. I have ran those same tires on my AM bike. Just be careful not to put too much air in going tubeless. I have blown a few wire beads on them at 40PSi. If the bead blows you may still run them with a HD tube.

·
"No Clue Crew"
2,459 Posts
I was surprised how long this tire has held up! When Blatant showed up with it I thought "one ride at most" and then junk, but it's lasted! Might be my next rear as well........Drew

·
Shred...it's the new drug
3,844 Posts
Blatant said:
I don't shuttle.
there was this one gurl who said that, now she's a junkie. also have seen various 29r's on the bus as well. come on, drink the cool aid, everybody's doing it!
Photobucket

p.s. traildoc...don't tell anyone about my secret stash of tires. I'm stocking up for the next 5 years and don't want them to run out.

·
ride more, blog less
288 Posts
Blatant said:

So I did.

.... a couple weeks ago i went to sunrise... bottomed out my car and ended blowing out both tires on my bike ( thanks to my cheap-o bike rack) but i stopped by cactus and picked up the "cheapest tires they had" ( which are the same tires you got) yea they're narrow, but they actually work well, i like them better than my ardents that i had b4, surprisingly. i think they're almost an exact nevegal copy..but i prolly won't get them again unless i need another quick fix.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ardent, get the Ardent. No doubt about it. Ardent all the way. Nothing but Ardent. Ardentchuknowhatiretouse? Ardent.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
37,915 Posts
Swamp ThAAng said:
Trust me, the Swamp Thing is not the tire for DH shuttles, around here. Go with the Minion.
It's pretty hard to find anything better than the minion, but they are pretty hard to justify as they only last a few weeks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts