Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tried to call Mike G. on the toll-free and got a message saying it was disconnected...probably due to hurricane Charley.

Does anybody know how Mike made out?

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I had some spoke questions for him, he didn't reply right away but i got this on Tuesday

Thanks for contacting us, I appreciate it. Sorry for not getting back to you right away. Our shop was in a mandatory evacuation zone for Hurricane Charlie so we lost three days last week getting everything we could moved to high areas of the shop and most of Monday getting things put back so we could get some work done. Not complaining though, we had no damage in our area so we were very fortunate.

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info...

Ratt said:
I had some spoke questions for him, he didn't reply right away but i got this on Tuesday

Thanks for contacting us, I appreciate it. Sorry for not getting back to you right away. Our shop was in a mandatory evacuation zone for Hurricane Charlie so we lost three days last week getting everything we could moved to high areas of the shop and most of Monday getting things put back so we could get some work done. Not complaining though, we had no damage in our area so we were very fortunate.
That pretty much answers my question. I have a wheelset on order with him and was wondering how much delay there might be, luckily I was able to doctor up my problem hub to buy a little more time. :cool:

I had this image in my mind of him digging through rubble for his truing stand and wheel parts and working in what is now an open-air shop lol, glad that's not the case! :eek:

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
Ricko said:
I just tried to call Mike G. on the toll-free and got a message saying it was disconnected...probably due to hurricane Charley.

Does anybody know how Mike made out?
I spoke to him yesterday, and he said they really didn't get hit at all in the St. Petersburg area where Gulfport is. He had a backlog of about 30 wheels since he did evacuate for a couple days. If the phone's disconnected, it may just be a glitch from all the repair work going on in the neighboring areas.

Kathy

·
Premium Member
7,610 Posts
I e-mailed them about a week and a half ago. I just heard back this morning with an appology that they were disrupted by the hurricane and very behind in work. Kudo's to them for getting back, can't blame them for the delay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.