Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cell phone goes off in the elevator on the way up to my office and my wife's on the phone. "I've been in an accident and the car is really messed up. I think I'm OK though". Head back down to the garage and tear over to the scene (a couple blocks away). She was stopped at a light and got rear ended by some dipstick who didn't see the red light, the cars stopped for the light etc. WRX rear end wiped out. Wife not happy with her "little car" being squished.
Luckily she's reasonably OK. Stiff neck, slight bump on the head. We'll see how things progress. The doc says she looks OK
As I'm chatting with the officers on scene, helping with flares etc and we end up talking accidents, etc. I mention my last accident was an OTB two days ago and get "so you ride mountain bikes?".
Find out he used to race NORBA and has an older original Titus FCR HT. Hasn't been riding it much since the police work has kept him rather busy. Told him to give me a holler to go for a ride. (heck, with all the paperwork, he knows more about how to find me than a lot of people).
Just another way that MTBing helps people get along.

Werner

·
Fart smeller
17,811 Posts
Screw the riding bit.

Hope your wife's gonna be ok. Remember, if she's got to stay home & recoup, you-know-who has to wait on her hand & foot and can't go riding.

Just a thought.

fp

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She'll be OK (I'm going by her word not mine) but we'll see how things feel in the morning.
Thanks.

Werner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts